Posted by: LongPoint Group
Millwood, NY, US
LongPoint Group provides strategic consulting services to non-profit organizations. We specialize in conceptualizing, planning and implementing large-scale fundraising events, developing leadership for events and boards of directors, and overall development strategy.
Our team works closely with each client, providing hands-on, customized approaches tailored for each specific client and assignment. Our goal is to foster long-term relationships with our clients in order to strengthen and enhance their fundraising capacity and success, resulting in vibrant, thriving organizations.
LongPoint Group seeks a part-time Administrative Assistant/Event Coordinator to support its fast-paced consulting business. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in part-time, flexible work for a woman-owned small business serving the non-profit sector. The position will report directly to the President, and will collaborate with and support other senior members of the team.
- Handle all aspects of client mailings (list management, mail merge, formatting, printing and mailing)
- Conduct phone work to potential donors
- Draft email correspondence to donors, potential donors and clients
- Handle data entry and database management
- Manage calendar
- Handle other administrative tasks
- Initiate comprehensive preparation for fundraising and cultivation events
- Assist with logistics of all events, including: name tag, place card, and other material development; serve as liaison with venue and caterers
- Work with designers and printers to produce event collateral
- Assist with seating for events
- Track event revenue
- Handle other event-related tasks
- Past experience as an administrative assistant or event coordinator
- Team player, self-starter and ability to work independently in a non-traditional, flexible setting
- Strong writing and excellent interpersonal skills, and a positive customer-service mentality
- Comfortable with phone work (speaking with donors and potential donors)
- Ability to work efficiently and meet client deadlines
- Strong skills in word processing
- Graphic design experience a plus, but not required
- Hands-on experience with event management and follow-up
- Highly organized, creative, pro-active, and detail-oriented
This position might be based partially from home in the New York/Westchester County area, with regular in-person office time required. Hours can be flexible and will typically be between 10 and 15 hours per week. Attendance at all LongPoint Group events is required. Competitive hourly rate.
For more information on LongPoint Group, visit: http://longpointgroup.com/home/
Read more here:: Idealist