Posted by: Neighborhood Defender Service of Harlem, New York
New York, NY, US
The Neighborhood Defender Service (NDS) is accepting applications for the position of Part-Time Support Receptionist/Clerical Aide.
Job Category: Administrative Support
The Neighborhood Defender Service of Harlem (NDS) is a community-based, holistic public defender office located in Harlem. NDS represents residents of Northern Manhattan who are charged with crimes and who cannot afford to hire a lawyer. Clients are represented by teams composed of lawyers, investigators, social workers, and team administrators. NDS also provides pre-arrest representation to clients under threat of arrest. NDS adheres to a client-centered approach to representation that emphasizes a heightened responsiveness to clients’ needs prior to arrest, while a case is pending, and after the case concludes. NDS is accepting applications for the position of Receptionist.
Location: 317 Lenox Avenue, New York, NY 10027
Summary: Provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The Support Receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, the ordering of supplies as well as additional clerical duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Professionally administer all incoming calls
• Ensure phone calls are redirected accordingly
• Greet guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner
• Open and close visitor area (locking doors, closing blinds, turning off lights)
• Type memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents
• Perform a variety of clerical duties
• Excellent phone etiquette
• Excellent verbal communication skills; bi-lingual (Spanish) strongly preferred
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Should be customer service driven
• Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
• Able to multi-task
• Professional appearance
• Business casual
• Associates degree preferred/ High School Diploma or GED Accepted
• Minimum 3 years customer service experience
Read more here:: Idealist