Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 03 Nov 2016
Position Title : Teleradiology Systems Specialist
Duty Station : Manila, Philippines
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 03 November 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the direct supervision of the Global Radiology Coordinator, and administrative supervision of the Head of the Manila Administrative Centre (MAC), the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing IOM Global teleradiology systems, and organizing the teleradiology technical support, guidance, and trainings.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Develop and implement the IOM Global Teleradiology systems in line with the desired business requirements for the global Teleradiology Primary chest x-ray reading service and quality control programs.
Lead the Global Picture Archive and Communication System (PACS) installation, configuration, maintenance and technical support for field operations, including guiding on server requirements, software needs and technical requirements.
Lead the technical preparations, Teleradiology users training and guidance for biodata requirements for the implementation of IOM Teleradiology primary reading services in the new field locations.
Supervise Global Teleradiology technical team, assign their tasks and monitor deliverables to meet overall project timelines and quality standards as well as the execution of the complete Teleradiology technical administration.
Support the development of the IOM Global Teleradiology applications by the Migration Application Unit, through providing inputs for Business requirements, functionalities, data definition, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for documenting chest x-ray reports and user access, in consultation with the internal and external business stakeholders.
Contribute to Teleradiology technical implementation of new functionalities or projects as needed.
Develop and implement Teleradiology support system in coordination with ICT and MAU, to secure benchmark network connectivity components and user support and, optimization of the end-user response times.
In consultation with ICT units, design and implement Teleradiology systems back up system and data security and protection model in line with the ICT standards. As part of business continuity initiative mandated by the organization, take overall responsibility of Teleradiology disaster recovery solution.
Develop and maintain required Teleradiology systems documentation, including technical guide, users’ instructions, SOPs, and manuals.
Organize and provide technical training for the Teleradiology system administrators, medical
IT colleagues and other end-users in Migration Health Department (MHD) field operations.
Assess, plan and provide recommendation and execute the implementation of new technology solutions related to Teleradiology system deemed fit for the organization purpose. Ensure that the evolving Teleradiology business needs are met.
Prepare reports, briefings, and presentations, as requested.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in digital radiology systems, different types of Picture archive and communication (PACS) systems, and Teleradiology systems; specifically, experience of PACS installation, configuration and support;
• Demonstrated skills in systems analysis and design techniques, testing and documentation required;
• Experience with programing tools such as SQL, J2EE,.Net and PHP, is an added advantage;
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
• Experience in managerial work is an advantage;
• Experience in conducting and facilitating trainings, defining requirements, estimating, assessing and planning projects, writing guidelines and designing workflow processes an advantage;
• Software development skills; skills in SQL development, database integration with web-based applications is advantageous;
• Experience in JBoss, Apache Web and Tomcat; configuration management of Enterprise applications and advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and Spanish is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 03 November 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 21.10.2016 to 03.11.2016
Requisition: VN 2016/220 (P)- Teleradiology Systems Specialist (P2)- Manila, Philippines (54885240) Released
Posting: Posting NC54885241 (54885241) Released
Read more here:: ReliefWeb