Posted by: Montgomery Child Care Association Inc.
Potomac, MD, US
$1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!!
Montgomery Child Care Association (MCCA) strives to provide the highest quality child care and play-based education for children in Montgomery County, Maryland. If you are energetic, enjoy working with children, and want a career where you can make a positive impact for children and families — this could be the career opportunity that you have been waiting for!
MCCA has an immediate opening for a Preschool Teacher position. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Planning and implementing a creative, child-centered preschool program using the Creative Curriculum® and MCCA operating procedures and standards.
- Using classroom observations and building child portfolios to communicate key development milestones to parents.
- Using developmentally appropriate approaches to behavior management, including encouraging and guiding children to positively express their feelings.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
If you are enthusiastic, caring and a great team player – we want to talk with you about a rewarding career in child care with MCCA!
PRESCHOOL TEACHER QUALIFICATIONS (Education & Experience):
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- 90 Hour Preschool Certification.
- 9 Hour Communication.
- ADA (Americans with Disability Act) Training.
- CDA (Child Development Associate), ages 3-5.
- Possess an AA or BA from an accredited college or university in early childhood education or related field with a minimum 15 credit hours in early childhood education.
- Requires exprerience working with young children with mental or physical disabilities.
- Minimum of one year of experience teaching children in a licensed child care center or preschool.
- Has, is seeking or agrees to seek a Maryland Child Care Credential Level 5 in first 12 months of employment, and maintain credential annually.
- 10:30am – 6:30pm
- Full-time, benefits eligible
MCCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Read more here:: Idealist