Posted by: Montgomery Child Care Association Inc.
Potomac, MD, US
$1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!!
Montgomery Child Care Association (MCCA) strives to provide the highest quality child care and play-based education for children in Montgomery County, Maryland. If you are energetic, enjoy working with children, and want a career where you can make a positive impact for children and families — this could be the career opportunity that you were looking for!
MCCA has an immediate opening for a School Age Teacher position. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Teaching children aged five through twelve in MCCA after school child care programs.
- Daily activities include fun outdoor play time and creating engaging learning opportunities for children.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
If you are enthusiastic, caring and a great team player; we want to talk with you about a rewarding career in child care with MCCA!
SCHOOL AGE TEACHER QUALIFICATIONS (Education & Experience):
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- 90 Hour School Age Certification.
- 9 Hour Communication Course or Certification.
- ADA (Americans with Disability Act) Training.
- An AA or higher in Elementary Education or a related field from an accredited college or university with at least 15 credit hours in elementary education and an interest in obtaining a Maryland Child Care Credential.
- Minimum one year of experience teaching children in a licensed child care center or elementary school preferred.
- Commitment to delivering high quality, play-based child care program
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills.
- Great relationship building and communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- 2:30pm – 6:30pm
- 1:30pm – 6:30pm
MCCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Read more here:: Idealist