Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council
Country: South Sudan
Closing date: 02 Nov 2016
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer(South Sudanese Nationals only) – South Sudan
Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
The role of M&E Officer is to support M&E Coordinator and other program staffs in the implementation of M&E processes, and providing inputs to project proposals and report writing. He/she regularly follow-up and receive Area level monthly indicators progress tracking report and aggregate data with support from CO M&E Coordinator. Enter and maintain online GORS data management system; train field team on M&E tools including monitoring tools, Mobenzi/mobile based data collection system, complaints/feedback mechanisms, reporting procedures and other M&E processes; Actively participate in project baseline and end line data collection.
- Generic responsibilities:
- These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Closely follow-up and receive quantitative project progress reports from different area offices in the country and aggregate CO program data,
- Make sure project information (output and outcome indicators) are captured and reported timely with necessary disaggregation.
- Update online GORS data management system on monthly basis
- Support programme staff in planning for and executing M&E activities, including data collection methodology and tools development, and data management, analysis and use.
- Support need assessments, baseline and end line surveys particularly field data collation using mobenzi, training and supervising enumerators, data entry and analysis.
- Support implementation of a Complaints Response and Feedback Mechanism (CRFM) for all programs and create compliant database
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Specific responsibilities
- Ensure that the country M&E Framework is implemented as per NRC M&E guidelines;
- Make sure complete and accurate project information are reported timely to the Country Office by each area office with necessary disaggregation (data by area/location, core competency, gender, type of beneficiaries (IDP, refugees, host community, returnee and other)
- Compile and update regularly CO level monthly output tracking sheet, online GORS reporting, CRFM database and Balanced Score Card (BSC) when necessary;
- Develop M&E tools for gathering information/data from the field and keep up to-date data required for timely and quality reporting;
- Assist program staff in the preparation and review of reporting formats and the review, verification and finalization of monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports in accordance with NRC and donor requirements;
- Support the area teams to improve quality of monitoring, evaluation and accurate reporting, including training on M&E tools;
- Support field program staff to implement project level assessments, including PDMs, baseline survey using mobenzi, outcome measurement, and multisector area level assessments where relevant, training and supervising of enumerators, data entry and analysis;
- Participate in project proposal development and provide inputs on project targets setting and logical framework development;
- Assist in implementation of a Complaints Response and Feedback Mechanism (CRFM) for all programs by creating compliant database;
- Support the preparation of detailed implementation plans and M&E matrix for all programs;
- Support the role out of digital based data collection using mobile phones/tablets;
- Provide M&E technical support to Rapid Response Team (RRT) and participate in development of M&E tools and assessments of new areas or programs;
- University degree preferably in social sciences, Statistics, Economics or other relevant discipline
- At least 3 years’ monitoring and evaluation in field of humanitarian/development project
- Knowledge of data collection and data collection instruments (technology);
- Exposure to a wide range of information management systems
- Strong data analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative data analysis)
- Previous experience in managing large data sets for multiple projects/donors including online database management
- Experience working with statistical computer software packages (SPSS, Stata) and advanced skills in spread sheet.
- Academy college / University
- Ability to hand insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- Analytical with an eye for details
- Start date: ASAP
- Duration: 12 month contract with possible extension.
- Salary: Monthly Salary based on NRC South Sudan Salary Scale
- Travel: Approx. 50 days travel
How to apply:
Please, apply through www.nrc.no, then vacancies
Read more here:: ReliefWeb