Organization: International Federation of Red Cross And Red Crescent Societies
Closing date: 08 Nov 2016
You are strategic planner and creative doer who loves to spread world-changing ideas through innovative communication. You will work across IFRCs media platforms including web, social, print and design to develop and execute integrated campaigns that advance communications priorities and achieve goals. You will work with departments, regions and reference centres to develop a global x media campaigning strategy and package technical advice and expertise for x media campaigning and distribution. You will lead on transforming and growing IFRCs web and social media into integrated and leading humanitarian platforms that promote engagement and participation in IFRC and members humanitarian priorities and advocate for local communities, vulnerable groups and people in need.
Job duties and responsibilities:
Lead development, coordination and execution of IFRC’s x media campaigning strategy
- Develop and implement a x media campaigning strategy across IFRC.
- Lead on developing, planning, coordinating and quality assuring a global system across web, social and digital that facilitates the development of compelling content, advances communications priorities and expands IFRCs communications footprint.
- Develop and implement a global approach to content marketing.
- Deepen and expand IFRCs digital presence and outreach to key stakeholders and influencers ensuring this is in accordance with institutional values, profile, reputation and branding.
- Identify risks and opportunities relevant to the reputation and profile of IFRC.
Manage a coherent and strategically focused production and distribution campaigning environment across IFRC
- Integrate IFRCs global communication platforms across print and digital to form a coherent, strategic system focused on advancing communication priorities and achieving advocacy goals.
- Develop and drive strategic planning processes for coordinating, developing, producing and distributing content.
- Design, manage and track, in close consultation with IFRC leadership, innovative campaigns across web, social and print media framed by latest intelligence about internal and external debates in the humanitarian arena.
- Coordinate with departments, regions and National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies in the development, execution and evaluation of IFRC communication products and campaigns.
- Transform web and social platforms into leading humanitarian platforms to promote engagement in IFRC and member priorities.
- Ensure implementation of campaigns according to Total Quality Standards: high quality, on time, according to demand, within budget, etc.
- Monitor, analyze and report on the impact of global campaigns.
Foster a culture of digital innovation and leadership across IFRC
- Identify and model production, distribution and campaigning innovations and best practices for the IFRC network.
- Maintain and grow a network of creators, designers, producers, media organisations, journalists and freelancers.
- Support the development and growth of platforms for IFRC and membership to share multimedia assets, ideas, expertise and resources.
- Represent and position IFRC as an authority in the area of x media campaigning across relevant platforms and networks.
Be a role model in inspiring, leading and managing a productive, positive and high-performing team
- Be accountable to the director on delivering results, serve as a proactive strategic adviser and be a dynamic and engaged member of the departments management team.
- Define clear roles, accountabilities and activities, and assign them across the team members on an on going basis while improving efficiency within available resources.
- Plan, manage and monitor the use of available resources (people, budgets, etc.) of the team in order to deliver the agreed activities for areas of responsibility and ensure business continuity over irregular hours where needed.
- Work effectively in a matrixed, multilevel global organization actively working to break down silos and address disconnects.
- Ensure effective coordination and engagement across departments, regional and field offices, facilitate partnerships with members and active exchange with peers, partners and stakeholders.
- Foster a culture of results, accountability, proactivity, innovation, quality and integrity
- Create a working environment that ensures staff growth, motivation and satisfaction.
- 10 years working experience in a humanitarian, development, policy, government or related sector including at least three years managing teams
- Demonstrated professional experience in an international or cross-cultural environment with a focus on multi-channel communication or campaigning.
Knowledge, Skills and languages:
Extensive knowledge of systems, techniques and methodologies used for campaigning including large-scale social media experience.
Results oriented and demand driven, ability to set clear goals and measure progress towards achieving them.
Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including the ability to lead within a matrix management structure and utilise talent and experience of team members in a productive way.
Outstanding networking, representational and communication skills; an ability to be proactive and persuasive.
Experience leading communication activities in a complex environment.
Demonstrated track record in innovating, contributing to a learning culture, sharing knowledge and new approaches to engaging partners.
Professional credibility, able to work effectively at all levels across the organisation.
Proven good judgment and ability to work with complete integrity and confidentiality.
High degree of discretion, tact and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external clients and stakeholders on politically and culturally sensitive issues.
Ability to work within a multi-cultural, multilingual, multidisciplinary environment.
Fluent written and spoken English.
Proficiency in an additional IFRC language (French, Spanish or Arabic) – Preferred.
How to apply:
If you are interested, please apply on this link on the IFRC website.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb