Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Country: Syrian Arab Republic
Closing date: 08 Nov 2016
Job no: 499909
Work type: Temporary Appointment
Location: Syrian Arab Republic
Categories: Health, NO-1
Accountable for professional technical contribution for implementation, monitoring and evaluation of health and nutrition project activities in Tartous, Lattakia and Idleb (if accessible) governorates, providing information on the health and nutrition status of women & children in those governorates, data analysis and progress reporting, coordination with the health authorities and local NGOs on the implementation of proper health and nutrition projects under the humanitarian response plan HRP to prevent and control outbreaks that affect the public health and threaten the lives of women and children in the targeted governorates.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support efforts to ensure the availability of accurate, complete and up-to-date information required for planning and implementation of effective health and nutrition interventions in the target governorates
- Enhance efficiency and effectiveness of the selected health & nutrition interventions through following-up on implementation with different partners, with special focus on gender-specific monitoring, local conditions and resources, flow of supply and non-supply assistance of UNICEF under health & nutrition project.
- Analyze collected data and information on the health situation of women and children in the targeted governorates and prepare progress reports using agreed upon indicators; assist in identification of required supplies and equipment for the target governorate assuring accuracy and consistency with established rules, regulations and plans of action.
- Promote knowledge sharing and prepare needed inputs from the target governorate for Sitreps and donors report for health & nutrition project.
- Team with local government counterparts and local NGOs to exchange information on health & nutrition project implementation and status as well as movement and distribution of supplies.
- Help coordinate with other UNICEF projects in Tartous, Lattakia and Idleb, namely WASH, to implement hygiene promotion joint interventions, involving all potential partners and local community.
- May be required to carry out specific operational/control tasks for programme/project implementation. Translation relevant document from English to Arabic for nutrition working group is required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health & Nutrition, Health Sciences, Public Health Policy and Management, Family and Community Health, Epidemiology, Health Education, Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Public Health Preparedness, Health Emergency Preparedness, or other relevant discipline(s).
- Knowledge of English and Arabic is required.
- Excellent skills on Microsoft Office (word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in multinational environment.
- Ability to perform under pressure At least 2 years’ professional work experience in public health and nutrition, work in humanitarian H&N field or with UN agency is an asset.
Language Proficiency: Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic is required.
Computer Skills: Excellent skills in Microsoft Office (word, excel, Power Point,…) and using internet.**Technical Knowledge Required**
Knowledge of theories and practices in:
Child and Maternal Health
Public Health and Nutrition
Educational Interventions in Health Care
Health and Nutrition Education
General knowledge of:
- Policies and strategy to address national and global health and nutrition issues, particularly relating to conflicts, natural disasters, and recovery.
- Core commitments for children in emergencies (CCCs)
i) Core Values (Required)
ii) Core Competencies (Required) : Communication [ II ] • Working with People [ I ] • Drive for Results [ I ]**
Commitment • Diversity and Inclusion • Integrity•
Functional Competencies (Required)
• Applying Technical Expertise [ II ]
• Learning and Researching [ II ]
• Planning and Organizing [ II ]
Formulating Strategies and Concepts [ I ]
• Analysing [ II ]
Conditions of Work:
Work implies frequent interaction with UNICEF staff at all levels within UNICEF Tartous Office, the humanitarian and development community in Tartous, especially sector partners, UN agencies in Tartous and Lattakia, Government officials, national and international NGOs involved in emergency operations in Tartous, Lattakia and Idleb.
The incumbent should have ability to work in multinational environment, and ability perform under pressure.
The position will be based in Tartous with occasional travel to Lattakia and Idleb (if accessible) and other governorates in Syria as required by the supervisor.
Duration: 364 days
How to apply:
If you are interested in this vacancy, please follow the below link to apply:http://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/#/job/499909/health-nutrition-officer-noa-tartous-temporary-appointm…
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT