Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Country: Syrian Arab Republic
Closing date: 25 Oct 2016
Job no: 499609
Work type: Temporary Appointment
Location: Syrian Arab Republic
Categories: Information Communication Technology, G-6
Purpose for the job
Under the general supervision of the ICT Specailist to provide technical, operational and procedural support and end-user services in the implementation and support of information management (systems, procedures and activities) of Country office
In this capacity, the need to project the image of a credible and reliable service provider is imperative to quality of process delivery, and the impact of work directly reflects on the overall reputation of the team in terms of responsiveness to client needs and quality of process execution.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Administer the office multi-user network and other data and telecommunication facilities including messaging applications. This involves administering user access to the network, data security of the network, and troubleshooting ad-hoc hardware or software problems experienced on the network. Provide complete documentation of configurations and settings for major LAN components (workstations, switches), and access rights to applications. Reviewing installed network throughput on a continuous basis and recommending enhancement proposals including hardware, cabling standards and software upgrade taking full advantage of current technology. Maintain and document regular backup for all network applications, ensuring that in the event of disaster, disruption would be minimal.
- Assist with the introduction and technical operation of organisational computer applications. This involves overall understanding of the functioning of the system and the interaction of data between sections within the office and with HQ divisions. Assist to install new versions of systems (VISION, outlook) and troubleshoot ad-hoc user problems in its functioning. Keep a software inventory, ensuring copyright compliance for all installed software. Harmonise software versions to eliminate unnecessary conversions.
- Assist with the introduction of specific computer hardware and software. This involves assisting in interpretation of NYHQ guidelines for local office relevance and preparation of PO with vendor interaction on specifications. Installation of new hardware is scheduled with users. Advise users on appropriate use of software packages.
- Administer maintenance of computer equipment. This involves interaction with vendors to prepare and administer equipment maintenance agreements and to co‑ordinate the arrangements within the office for reporting problems and placing service calls for repairs as necessary.
Education: Completed secondary school education supplemented by training through university courses in computer science. Information Systems and Telecommunications supplemented by Windows 8 Windows 2012 server and clustering. Networking and trouble shooting.
Experience: Six (6) years progressively responsible experience in Computer Information Management work, including data processing applications, use and evaluation of programme packages, database management, multi-user network and telecommunications, network analysis and design, hardware/software installation and management, user assistance, end-user documentation and local office computer applications programming, in support of office computerization.
Languages: Fluency in English & Arabic is essential.
Competencies and level of proficiency required :
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (I)
- Working with people (II)
- Drive for results (I)
- Analyzing (I)
- Applying Technical Expertise (I)
- Planning and organizing (I)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (I)
Duration: 364 days
How to apply:
If you are interested in this vacancy, please follow the below link to apply:http://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/#/job/499609/ict-assistant-gs6-tartous-syria-temporary-appointment
Read more here:: ReliefWeb