Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Country: Syrian Arab Republic
Closing date: 20 Oct 2016
Job no: 499506
Work type: Temporary Appointment
Location: Syrian Arab Republic
Categories: Representative, P-3
Under the general guidance of the Resource Mobilization Specialist, responsible for all aspects of reporting, based on information gathered from programme sectors in the Country office. The incumbent also assists the CO in reporting function, including timely preparation and dissemination of CO reports, presentations, and briefing notes for the Representative.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure timeliness and quality of reports and document for an external audience. This includes gathering of information, consolidation, fact checking, editing, layout and branding of all required reports in Syria. In reviewing the reports ensure compliance with requirements as defined by donors, Regional Office or Headquarters, quality of data and systematic-results based reporting.
- Roll out reporting mechanisms, ensuring adequate training in reporting, troubleshooting and revision of mechanism as required. Collaborate with staff to compile, produce and disseminate high quality mandatory UNICEF report, including the Situation Reports, emergency appeals, Security Council Report, Annual Report, donor reports and briefings, etc.
- In collaboration with HQ and RO provide oversight, technical support and guidance to the country office regarding reporting issues. Improve systems and processes to monitor quality and performance against key indicators related to reporting. Ensure compliance with UNICEF standards and guidelines on oversight of CO’s reports, including managing a quality assurance system of annual sampling and feedback.
- Monitor and maintain complete records of all reports and external documents prepared and submitted by the section. Propose and /or undertake action on operational procedures to ensure there are effective work processes as well as proper and efficient system of managing the records of CO various reports, briefing notes, and external documents.
- Identify capacity strengthening needs in the CO for capacity building on reporting; accordingly, design, prepare and implement various trainings or on-site support to CO as deemed appropriate to ensure that the relevant staff have the most up-to-date information on reporting guidelines and requirements.
- Assist in the implementation of the Syria Country Office Resource Mobilization by participating in the preparation of presentations, donor visits, editing and layout.
- In collaboration with the Communications Section support implementation of the Syria Country Office Visibility/Recognition plan and related work plan to support the visibility of UNICEF’s role in the crisis in Syria and to ensure donor visibility/communication materials requirements are met. Undertakes field visits to collect visibility and communications materials, including human interest stories.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES required to perform the duties of the post:
a) EDUCATION : Advanced University degree in communication and media or development related field.
b) WORK EXPERIENCE:
Five years of progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international levels in one or a combination of the following fields of work: communication, emergency coordination, or resource mobilization
- c) LANGUAGES :
Fluency in English and another UN language required.
Knowledge of the local working language (Arabic) of the duty station is an asset.
- d) COMPETENCIES
ii) Core Values (Required)
Commitment • Diversity and Inclusion • Integrity
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
Communication [ II ] • Working with People [ I ] • Drive for Results [ I ]
iii) Functional competencies required
- Integrity, Diversity and Inclusion, Commitment
- Communication [II], Working with People [II], Drive for Results [II]
Formulating Strategies and Concepts [II], Analyzing [II], Planning and Organizing [II], Applying Technical Expertise [II] Relating and Networking [II] Leading and Supervising [II]
e) Technical Knowledge
Knowledge of the latest developments in UNICEF programmes
Technical competence in producing content for various audiences especially – print and web.
Knowledge of the latest developments in donor conditions and reporting guidelines.
Knowledge of latest developments in UN Coherence process (one UN, CCA / UNDAF, Joint programmes)
Strong computer software skills, including internet navigation and various office applications in Microsoft office. Familiarity with UNICEF contribution management systems a strong asset.
Duration of contract : 364 days
How to apply:
If you are interested in this vacancy, please follow the below link to apply:http://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/#/job/499506/reports-specialist-p3-damascus-syria-temporary-appointm…
Read more here:: ReliefWeb