Organization: Fortify Rights
Closing date: 20 Nov 2016
Position: Development Specialist
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Contract: 1 year, renewable
Start Date: TBD
Compensation: Competitive with benefits
Fortify Rights works to ensure and defend human rights for all. We investigate human rights abuses, engage stakeholders, and strengthen initiatives led by human rights defenders, affected communities, and civil society. We believe in the influence of evidence-based research, the power of strategic truth telling, and the importance of working in close collaboration with individuals, communities, and movements pushing for change. Fortify Rights is an independent, nonprofit organization based in Southeast Asia and registered in the United States and Switzerland.
The Development Specialist provides ongoing support and strategic guidance to the executive directors on issues of project development, quality control and compliance, and donor relations. Reporting to the executive directors, s/he serves as the donor focal point and is responsible for managing the organizational grant portfolio. The Development Specialist works closely with the executive directors and human rights specialists to develop projects in line with the organizational mandate and priority areas of concern. S/he leads the proposal and fundraising processes and is responsible for monitoring grant compliance and ensuring the production of quality periodic donor reports. The Development Specialist is an integral member of Fortify Rights’ young and growing team with technical expertise to maximize and scale the organization’s impact.
- Provide guidance on issues of project development, quality control and compliance, and donor relations.
- Identify and develop plans for securing new funding sources while maintaining existing funding sources. In coordination with Executive Directors and Human Rights Specialists, liaise with other human rights organizations to identify possible areas for collaboration and developing joint initiatives and/or proposals.
- In coordination with the Executive Directors, serve as a focal point for institutional and private donors and foster positive relationships with potential donors.
- Working closely with the Executive Directors and relevant Human Rights Specialists, lead the development of new, coherent projects and proposals that are strategically in line with priority human rights issues and the mandate of Fortify Rights.
- Ensure that donor timelines and deadlines are monitored, managed, and met for proposal development and project reporting.
- Strengthen and build the capacity of the team and organizational partners with a view towards developing creative, responsible, competitive concepts, proposals, and fundraising schemes.
- Provide overall management to Fortify Rights’ development, fundraising, and monitoring and evaluation activities.
- In coordination with Executive Directors and Human Rights Specialists, develop appropriate organizational and project planning and evaluation systems and tools, such as strategy documents, workplans, project assessment, and quality control documents, to provide an effective road-map for achieving project objectives and track progress on human rights impacts.
- Work closely with the Human Rights Specialists to chart, gather data, and evaluate the progress of projects with a view towards addressing implementation challenges, weaknesses, and achieving positive human rights impacts. Provide strategic leadership to the Executive Directors to identify ways to improve project quality and impact.
- Provide technical support and training to Fortify Rights staff and partners on best practices for project design, monitoring, and reporting when requested.
- Develop a sound understanding of Fortify Rights’ work and projects to be able to professionally represent the organization to donors and other external actors.
- Work closely in collaboration with the Fortify Rights team to constructively build the organization, support its expansion, and ensure its sustainability.
- Post-graduate degree in relevant fields. At least five years of work experience in project design, development, and monitoring within an international context.
- Demonstrated ability for rapid analysis of complex issues, strong decision-making, and translation of programmatic priorities into operational strategies.
- Experience working with a complex donor portfolio, writing quality proposals and reports to institutional donors and foundations, and providing organizational representation to donors and potential donors.
- Experience identifying and developing relationships with institutional donors and foundations. Interest and creativity in initiating and implementing lucrative fundraising strategies through private donors as well as crowdsourcing methods.
- Experience establishing and overseeing progress tracking systems and conducting periodic assessments with a view towards.
- Excellent writing, organizational, and time management skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a flexibly structured team. Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and experience in a multi -ethnic team.
- Experience developing the institutional capacity of staff and partners to facilitate the development of project proposals and proper monitoring and reporting techniques.
- General understanding of human rights and humanitarian law.
- Willingness to travel within Southeast Asia. This may include travel to remote and potentially insecure areas.
- Fluency in English required. Additional language skills. Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- To be discussed with short-listed candidates.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Fortify Rights seeks exceptional applicants and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Fortify Rights is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible team, actively seeks a diverse pool of applicants.
How to apply:
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST.”
Read more here:: ReliefWeb