Posted by: Association for Childhood Education International
Washington, DC, US
The Association for Childhood Education International (ACEI) is seeking an experienced consultant/contractor to develop an intensive 5-6 day training curriculum with a culminating capstone project that focuses on education advocacy, globally. The consultant will be working with ACEI to create a new approach to education leadership and advocacy (diplomacy) for the 21st century. Participants of the training will represent various nations, therefore, sensitivity to the design, content, and training methods will be required.
(A 5-6 day training will require the development of approximately 30-36 hours of training content with some additional hours to develop a culminating capstone experience.)
Scope of Work will include but is not limited to:
- Development of content for training modules.
- Development of power points/slides for each module.
- Development of training activity or activities for each module.
- Selection of resources as supplemental enrichment for each module.
The ideal consultant will have:
Expertise in training and/or curriculum design with some understanding of adult learning strategies.
- An understanding of “soft skill” advocacy strategies.
- A background in education, with at least some knowledge of children’s education.
- Knowledge of key global trends and issues that have direct and indirect implications for education- – for example, poverty, conflict, migration, gender equity.
- Knowledge of global mechanisms governing education such as U.N. Sustainable Development Goals, specifically Education Goal 4
- General understanding of international institutions involved in education such as United Nations agencies (UNICEF or UNESCO), OECD, World Bank, etc.
- Understanding of various sectors supporting education- state, civil society, private sector.
- Appropriate credentials and/or experience in training design and education.
Engagement Timeline and Hours:
This project starts approximately December 1st, 2016, and ends April 1st, 2017. (4 months). However, exact start and end dates can be negotiated with ACEI. The scope of work will require at least 40 hours per month with the total contract not exceed 220 hours.
Not to exceed $18,000.
Consultants who live in or near Washington D.C. are highly preferred.
If the consultanthas direct, and appropriate, experience as an international trainer there may exist a possibility for implementation of this training through ACEI.
The Association for Childhood Education International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual or gender orientation, religion or physical ability.
Read more here:: Idealist