Organization: Adam Smith International
Closing date: 21 Oct 2016
Note: Only candidates fully bilingual in Arabic and English (oral and written) will be considered.
The Access to Justice and Community Security (AJACS) programme aims to enable people in opposition-controlled Syria to experience increasingly effective accountable and transparent services, which are delivered on a progressively formalized basis by civilian-led institutions; in increasingly resilient partnership with the communities.
Purpose of the Position
To provide support to the research efforts within the Research unit of the AJACS program through data analysis, technical support, and oversight of field research activities.
– Oversee the collection of atmospherics data from community counterparts, Field Officers for AJACS
- Develop and manage the implementation of research activities for AJACS, under the supervision of the Research Manager.
- Support and coordinate with local partners as needed to ensure that any future program implementation is on schedule, and that partners adhere to program and AJACS donor regulations and guidelines.
- Communicate with local partners on reporting, monitoring and evaluation of activity implementation; results and other possible follow up activities.
Manage the efficient and timely delivery of all deliverables (atmospherics, Requests for Information, Critical Impact Reports, etc.).
Provide support to the thematic research and programme evaluations
Desk review of key project documents as an input to the research concept.
Coordinate with the Research Manager in the development of the tools for alignment and quality assurance purposes.
Work with AJACS component teams to collect, analyse, and synthesize data for all program deliverables.
Research, write, and edit Requests for Information, Critical Impact Reports, atmospherics reports, and other deliverables.
Ensure the deliverables are quality assured before it is submitted to the Research Manager.
Assure timely submission of all deliverables.
Qualifications and Experience
· Advanced degree (Master’s Degree is desirable) in related international development field, with specific focus area on Information Management, Project Management, or other relevant academic background (essential)
· Minimum of 3 years of monitoring, evaluation, and research experience (essential)
· Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports in both Arabic and English.
· Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis
· Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations
· Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others
- Strong personal organization, interpersonal and communication skills
· Bilingual in English and Arabic
· Experience working on U.S. Government or European Union-funded programs preferred.
How to apply:
To apply, please visit our website: http://bit.do/cKZen
Read more here:: ReliefWeb