Organization: Social Impact
Closing date: 12 Nov 2016
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
SI is planning to bid on a USAID Strategic Information Technical Support Activity. The activity intends to facilitate, promote and enhance evidence-based programming and reporting in Uganda’s heath system, with particular focus on its response to HIV/AIDS epidemic. The anticipated project will be a multi-year contract up to five years.
SI is seeking a GIS Specialist to lead and advise on GIS and information systems tasks, and design and carry out online surveys, manage the GIS maps and data, liaise with implementing partners to get GIS project information, review the GIS information and provide GIS products to team. This position will be full-time and based in Kampala, Uganda.
Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Ugandan citizenship will be considered. **
- Lead and advise on GIS and information systems tasks, and design and carry out online surveys, manage the GIS maps and data, liaise with implementing partners to get GIS project information, review the GIS information and provide GIS products to team
- Facilitate the development, adoption, maintenance and use of information management systems that support project planning, monitoring, and evaluation and reporting.
- Assist with data collection, database management and production of program monitoring reports.
- Maintain a reporting system to track the process of the assessments and evaluations, including actions emanating from them.
- Contribute to drafting of process reports, maintenance of organized records of past activities, tracking of performance systems, and collection of periodic reporting documents.
- Undergraduate degree in GIS, geography, computer science, engineering, business, or related field required.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience in monitoring and evaluation, data management, survey design, and GIS/information systems required; experience mapping health programs preferred.
- Experience with data visualization beyond mapped is a plus.
- Previous experience working in the Uganda required.
- Fluency in English.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb