Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council
Closing date: 27 Oct 2016
HR/Admin Coordinator – Uganda Nationals Only – Uganda
Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within Shelter, Education, Food security, Legal Assistance, Camp Management Water, Sanitation and Hygiene sectors.
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been implementing projects for Internally Displaced Persons and Refugees in Northern Uganda, West Nile and South Western respectively, since 1997. Having smoothly phased-out by end of August 2014 in the North, NRC reopened from September 2014, to compliment efforts of the Government of Uganda and UNHCR in supporting the South Sudanese Refugees currently settled in the Districts of Adjumani, Yumbe and Arua in West Nile. With funding from SIDA, NMFA, ECHO and UNHCR, NRC will implement integrated projects in Adjumani/Arua/Yumbe Refugee settlements. NRC now seeks to recruit a Human Resources/Admin Coordinator to be based in Adjumani.
The HR/Admin Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of HR matters in the Uganda Program area.
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners/employees and to check that its partners/employees have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose
- Implement NRC’s HR systems and procedures at area level
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and the national labor law in all processes and procedures
- Coordinate staff recruitment and exits, introductions, trainings, staff benefits schemes etc.
- Train and develop HR team at area level
- Coordinate with relevant partners, suppliers, authorities, lawyers etc.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports as appropriate
- Train and support line managers in HR processes
- Advice in personnel conflicts/processes when relevant
- Ensure that staff records in all offices in the area are up to date and filed appropriately
- Ensure accuracy of staff salaries
- Experience from working as a HR Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own manager skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Office administration
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- Duty Station: Adjumani, West Nile Uganda
- Salary: As Per NRC Uganda Scale
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
How to apply:
Please, apply through www.nrc.no, then vacancies
Read more here:: ReliefWeb