Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 13 Nov 2016
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, Performance Evaluation of
the USAID Cooperative Development Program (CDP), Uganda
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project Summary: MSI will conduct a performance evaluation on the current iteration of the USAID Cooperative Development Program (CDP). The evaluation will be undertaken through USAID’s E3 Analytics and Evaluation Project, for which MSI is the lead implementer. The evaluation will assess CDP activities from 2010 to 2016 in order to inform the next round of program funding, which is anticipated to begin in 2017. Past performance of the CDP should be considered to the extent that it can illuminate best management practices and ramifications for future program design options. The evaluation team will be conducting fieldwork in Kenya, Uganda, and Peru.
Position Summary: MSI is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for field research in Uganda. The successful candidate will have both (a) expertise in monitoring and evaluating programs, and (b) knowledge of cooperative programs, preferably in a developing country context. The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will provide technical support to the evaluation team, contribute to the planning process, including the preparation of data collection and analysis plans, pretesting, and finalizing data collection instruments.
- Contribute to pre-field work research to include: document review local contextual inputs to inform field data methodologies.
- Carry out research and analysis based on the approved methodology for the evaluation, under the direction of Evaluation Team Leader. This may include reviewing and analyzing secondary documents, data collection in the local country where CDP is implemented, and other approaches to collect and analyze data.
- Support the evaluation team lead by providing contextual knowledge of cooperatives, taking notes during interviews, translating when appropriate, etc.
- Provide logistical support to the evaluation team lead while he/she is in country by working with CDOs’ local staff and Project Home Office
- Contribute to fieldwork and put in place necessary mechanisms for data quality assurance.
- Contribute to evaluation report writing, if requested.
- Must have a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field and 7 years of professional experience or Master’s Degree in a relevant field and 5 years of professional experience.
- In-depth knowledge of and prior experience working with cooperatives and cooperative development organizations in Uganda preferred. Familiarity with USAID’s Cooperative Development Program (CDP) preferred.
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation experience, preferably on USAID evaluations. Familiarity with USAID Evaluation Policy preferred.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills, as well as strong skills in quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Native or near-native fluency in English including speaking, writing, and reading.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/5zhhf9s2zt
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb