Organization: Save the Children UK
Country: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Closing date: 06 Nov 2016
Salary: £33,000 – £36,000 depending on experience
1 Year Fixed Term Contract
We are looking for an experienced individual to join us as Children’s Investment Foundation Fund (CIFF) Grants Manager leading the management of our advocacy investments from CIFF and overseeing global grant finances.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our UK and Global Programmes department delivers humanitarian and development programmes, builds partnerships with institutional donors – including governments, multi-laterals and trusts – and drives lasting change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As CIFF Grants Manger you will support the development of other advocacy proposals from Save the Children UK to CIFF, ensuring timely and informed input from colleagues in the UK and key countries. Providing programme management function for CIFF advocacy grants you will ensure progress is made against grant objectives and all donor requirements are fully met. In addition you will:
- Provide donor facing reporting and communications, implement good monitoring and evaluation practice and continue building capacity of relevant teams in these areas
- Ensure good knowledge management across the grant enabling all teams to access information and provide a fully auditable trail
- Ensure any new grants are properly costed, aligned to our strategies and integrated across thematic areas and countries
- Support donor liaison on the grant including writing briefings and supporting grant meetings
- Support donor due diligence and contracting processes, should proposals be approved.
To be successful you will have a proven track record of high level project management delivering results, preferably on an international level. You should have an awareness and understanding of advocacy and campaigning within the NGO sector. In addition you will have:
- Proven experience of managing relationships in complex organisations with numerous stakeholders
- Exceptional organisational and administration skills, with the ability to plan and prioritise work for self and others
- A high level of numeracy skill with the ability to carry out budget analysis
- The ability to matrix manage a group of staff in different teams to take forward common and effective ways of working
- Significant experience of grant management and donor financial reporting.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we’ll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 6th November 2016
How to apply:
To apply please visit our website via URL below:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb