Organization: Internews Europe
Country: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Closing date: 10 Nov 2016
- Job Title: Development Officer
- Reports to: Director of Development and Partnerships
- Location: London, UK
- Start Date: ASAP
- Grade: C
Internews is an international development organisation whose mission is to empower local media worldwide to give people the news and information they need, the ability to connect, and the means to make their voices heard.
We envision a future where everyone, everywhere, enjoys equal access to trusted, quality information that empowers them to live healthy, secure, rewarding lives.
We currently have active Programmes in 40+ countries with HQs and key regional hubs in London, Washington DC, Nairobi and Bangkok.
A very exciting opportunity has arisen for a Development Officer in London to participate in our growing development team to play a lead role in our ambitious fundraising efforts with European donors.
We are looking for a dynamic development specialist to build upon recent successes and take a lead role in delivering the resources needed for our 5 year strategic plan.
Reporting to the Director of Development and Partnerships, The Development Officer will ensure the smooth running of European institutional fundraising, ensuring timely submission of successful funding proposals and securing annual fundraising targets. S/he will directly oversee project proposal processes – in response to both open calls for proposals and internal intelligence gathering about opportunities. S/he will play a lead role in managing a case load as Internews grows and diversifies its funding from DFID. These objectives will be achieved by working closely with regional directors and other senior programme staff worldwide in order to play a central role coordinating and supporting their fundraising work with public donors in Europe. S/he will act as the primary Internews representative to public donors based in UK and elsewhere.
The Development Officer continually works with programme staff around the world to jointly identify new fundraising opportunities, manage proposal development processes and to originate new programme concepts for future fundraising.
- Directly oversee and manage the proposal development processes for European donors
- Agree and reach annual financial targets
- Timely monitoring of calls for proposals from European bilateral and multilateral donors
- Lead on efforts to deepen relationships with DFID and grow and diversify funding from UK Aid
- Build understanding of Internews approach and impact within DFID HQ and field departments
Build proactive relationships with other key donors in order to solicit new fundraising opportunities
Represent the organisation to donors/potential donors as required
Help identify and build consortia to best respond to specific priority bids and ensure partners’ active contribution to the writing process
Proposal drafting and reviewing, research, editing and translation
Lead on a case load of project proposal development, including writing concepts
Management of proposal writing consultants; support, as required, to programme staff with delegated responsibility to write proposals
Oversee contract negotiation procedures for new programme grants
Ensure consistent and smooth handover of new grants to contracting and programme teams
Produces detailed annual action plans on specific areas of responsibility outlined, identifying areas for growth and development and outlining measurable
- At least 3 years’ experience working for an international development organisation and/or in a non-profit fundraising position
- Demonstrable track record in identifying and securing significant, multi-year, multi- million, public funds from development donors in Europe
- Detailed working knowledge of ODA funders in Europe, especially DFID and SIDA
- Experience of developing fundraising targets and priorities to meet the needs of a wider, international strategic plan
- Outstanding, persuasive writing skills
- Experience working with diverse and talented teams
- Experience of working in geographic regions in which Internews works
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent networking and stakeholder development skills
- Proficient written and spoken French language skills are desired, however exceptional candidates without this attribute will still be considered
- Computer literate with advanced abilities in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Applicants must have the legal right to work and reside in the United Kingdom
- Commitment to and understanding of Internews’ mission and values
- Relevant University Degree; candidates without higher education credentials will be expected to demonstrate additional/equivalent professional experience
- A keen interest in international affairs and development; especially media, journalism, press freedom
- An established international network with Internews’ target donors
- Experience with CRM databases
- External communications experience
- Experience in managing fundraising/stakeholder events
- Additional international language skills
PLEASE NOTE APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POST
Please apply as soon as possible for this position as we are looking for an immediate hire.
Along with your CV please also include a cover letter demonstrating how you meet the requirements of this post.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb