Organization: Internews Europe
Country: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Closing date: 21 Nov 2016
Duration: 6 months from January 2017
Hours: Ideally 18 hours per week (days and hours negotiable).
Internews supports local media around the world to give communities at the grassroots level the information that they need to make informed choices about the world around them, to hold their elected representatives to account and help them better understand critical issues in their country.
We work at the nexus of media, information and development. Strengthening the media and making sure that people have access to trustworthy information is one of the most important conditions for enabling all other development activities to succeed.
We work in some of the most challenging environments in the world – from Myanmar to MENA region to the European Refugee route – and everywhere people need trusted information to understand the world around them, engage in conversations with their communities and leaders, make decisions, and act to improve their lives.
This is a new position reporting directly the Head of Major Gifts, who has operational responsibility for our mission-led fundraising efforts among High Net worth Individuals, Trusts & Foundations and Corporate Donors in the UK and across Europe.
The major responsibility of the team is to generate funds from the private sector to support our work around the world.
Specific duties include.
- Identify prospect Trusts & Foundations; corporates and Major Donors who could support Internews’ work;
- Research and create mapping networks to enhance fundraising approaches;
- Draft and send proposals and concept notes on behalf of the Head of Major Donors;
- Gathering and analyzing biographical, financial, corporate and philanthropic information from a wide variety of sources using proprietary databases and research tools;
- Producing detailed and qualified profiles on new prospects and influencers to maximize the organization’s fundraising capacity;
- Working with the Events Committee to plan and execute our fundraising dinner and other events throughout the year;
- Maintaining meticulous records on our Salesforce database to ensure all research is stored within Data Protection guidelines;
- Taking and disseminating meeting minutes;
- To develop good relations and maintain excellent communication channels with other teams and departments;
- Run fundraising and activity reports on Salesforce;
- Other duties as directed by the Head of Major Donors;
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to assess, prioritize and manage a varied workload;
- Research, data management and analysis skills;
- Experience of prospect research, providing relevant high quality research reports and using CRM or similar database software (desirable); and
- Knowledge of the fundraising process and the role of prospect research within it (desirable).
How to apply:
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Reasonable travel and lunch expenses will be reimbursed*
Read more here:: ReliefWeb