Organization: Save the Children UK
Country: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Closing date: 31 Oct 2016
Salary Circa £40,000 pa
We are looking for an experienced and committed individual to join us as Humanitarian Sexual and Reproductive Health Adviser to support field humanitarian programmes, capacity building and policy/guidance within the thematic area of sexual and reproductive health.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our Humanitarian department integrates emergency and development work, through our country programmes. It increases our capacity to meet the assistance and protection needs of children and their families affected by crises. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As Humanitarian Sexual and Reproductive Health Adviser you will engage stakeholders across the Save the Children movement and follow a shared work plan that reflects the strategic priorities of the SC Humanitarian Technical Working Group (HTWG) for health. In addition you will:
- Develop, and roll out, policy, practice and tools for Sexual and Reproductive Health for use by country office and response staff
- Carry out short visits to country programmes in order to support or monitor programmes with specific thematic emphasis on quality sexual and reproductive health
- Support the design of the proposed Emergency Health Unity self-contained capacity for rapid initiation of health programmes in emergencies
- Contribute to the design and roll out of SC humanitarian health capacity building initiatives
- Support country programmes and head office in the recruitment of humanitarian health staff
- Ensure that SRH programming is set up as standard from the outset of any response by other generalist health staff
To be successful you will have significant experience in the implementation and management of humanitarian health programmes from both a field and head office perspective. You will also have experience with management of health programmes. In addition you will:
- Be a medical doctor with specialisation in obstetrics and gynaecology or a Senior Midwife with extensive clinical working experience in different settings
- Be a strong team player with a high level of flexibility
- Have experience of supporting the development of strategy and organisational technical guidance
- Be fluent in English with a good level of French (both written and oral).
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we’ll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 31 October 2016
Please note; Shortlisting will be conducted on a rolling basis, and interviews/tests may be conducted prior to the advert closing date.
How to apply:
To apply please visit our website, link below:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb