Organization: Save the Children UK
Country: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Closing date: 12 Oct 2016
£38,000 – £42,000 dependent on skill set and experience
London with approximately 40% international travel
1 year fixed term contract
We are looking for an experienced individual to join us as Nutrition Adviser and deliver technical support to a rapidly growing portfolio of programmes in Asia. You will play a critical role in raising new funds and supporting the delivery of high-quality programmes in the region.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our UK and Global Programmes department delivers humanitarian and development programmes, builds partnerships with institutional donors – including governments, multi-laterals and trusts – and drives lasting change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As Nutrition Adviser you will be expected to work closely with colleagues in country offices especially in the Health/HIV and Hunger and Livelihoods Teams, both from a distance and by country visits. Providing strategic and technical support to country offices in the Asia region, you will deliver high quality nutrition programmes. You will also develop proposals focusing on nutrition and will support all project implementation. In addition you will:
- Support country offices to collect and analyse MEAL data, demonstrating attributable outcomes and showing the impact of their work on nutrition
- Working with the Emergency Nutrition Adviser in London, you will support country offices to develop Emergency Preparedness Plans, advising on the potential need for emergency interventions
- Assist country offices to select and recruit senior technical staff
- Encourage the development of peer networks of technical staff in nutrition
- Participate in regional or global meetings as appropriate.
To be successful in this new and exciting role, you will have an internationally recognized third level qualification in nutrition, such as an MSc in public health nutrition or equivalent. You must have significant knowledge and experience overseeing approaches to secure infant and young children feeding along with expertise in qualitative assessment tools and approaches for formative research. In addition you must have:
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically
- Significant experience in the design, implementation and management of nutrition programmes in an international development context
- Demonstrated experience with developing high-value proposals, budgets, grant management, donor liaison and report writing
- Experience of developing effective working relationships with senior stakeholders in government agencies, international organisations, donors, academics and opinion-leaders, including successful advocacy and influencing skills
- The ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, EPI-Info-6, SMART/ENA, and Outlook
- A willingness and ability to travel at short notice, occasionally to remote and insecure locations.
Experience working or living in Asia along with fluency in Urdu, Hindi or Bangla is desirable.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we’ll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 12th October 2016
How to apply:
To apply please visit our website, link below:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb