Organization: Save the Children UK
Country: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Closing date: 05 Nov 2016
Salary: £26,000 – £30,000
12 month Fixed Term Contract
We are looking for an experienced and articulate individual to join us as Project Officer – Nutrition and Food Security and support the development, uptake and promotion of the Household Economy Approach, Cost of the Diet, and Community-based Management of Acute Malnutrition Report tools.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our UK and Global Programmes department delivers humanitarian and development programmes, builds partnerships with institutional donors – including governments, multi-laterals and trusts – and drives lasting change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As Project Officer you will manage these three tools and strengthen programmatic application by Save the Children and other development partners working in nutrition and food security around the world. You will represent these three tools in internal and external technical and non technical forums, and ensure the robustness of the methodology and its application in the field. Y ou will:
- Provide a day-to-day link between the Information Systems team and internal users of the tools to ensure that software’s are developed in-line with programmatic needs
- Strengthen global capacity in the tools, including development of training content, and coordinating all country or global trainings and related meetings.
- Develop communications products to promote broader understanding and uptake of the methodologies and the newly developed products
- Facilitate the sharing of experience and learning on the tools, including management of a central repository, containing reports and datasets
- Represent Save the Children to potential donors and showcase the tools at departmental and staff meetings.
To be successful you will have a masters or bachelors degree or equivalent experience in Nutrition, food security and Livelihoods, Development, Economics or a related field. You should also have experience of working with the IT sector in software development/ understanding of software development processes. In addition you will have:
- Experience of communicating with a range of actors and influencing others, including people from different backgrounds
- General knowledge of Nutrition & Food Security and Livelihoods sector approaches and the intersections with other sectors
- The ability to articulate and convey complex ideas clearly and succinctly with experience of producing a range of practical resources to support learning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with diplomacy, tact and sensitivity
- A high level of computer literacy, particularly in Excel.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we’ll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 5th November 2016
How to apply:
To apply please visit our website, link below:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb