Organization: Other Solutions Consulting
Country: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Closing date: 18 Nov 2016
OTHER SOLUTIONS Consulting is seeking a Research Analyst to join our growing analysis department. The position will be a paid internship of 6 months, with the possibility of extension after this period subject to performance and review.
Position: Research Analyst
Line manager: The Research Analyst will be line managed by the head of OTHER SOLUTIONS Consulting‘s Analysis Department and the Managing Director.
The following constitutes a guideline of the tasks involved:
- Formatting and proofreading of documents
- Developing visual tools for economic and geopolitical analysis
- Supporting with the organisation of ad-hoc events
Knowledge and Skills
- Undergraduate and Masters Degree in a field related to International Relations or lnternational Security required.
- Strong knowledge of West Africa.
- Strong research skills.
- Excellent command of writing and communication in English and French.
- Other languages e.g. Arabic, Tamazigh, Haussa not essential but preferred.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong organistaional skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver products to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work with a team and autonomously.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Research and Analysis
One of the major aspects of this role is geopolitical and security analysis. As such, the Research Analyst will regularly be expected to gather and record data, produce documents, and present the outcome of the research both in writing and orally.
- Analysis of contexts where OTHER SOLUTIONS Consulting is present/has interest + on a need basis and as decided by OSC
- Analysis of specific incidents to inform clients
- Daily Context Monitoring
- Delivery of Presentations to clients and OSC team
- Analysis of Political Risk
- Developing and maintaining communication with sources on the ground
- Conduct a mapping exercise to identify new markets
- Prepare reports, best practices and follow-up documents in relation to our activities
- Supervised interactions with clients
- Organisation of training resources and sessions
- Work with selected partners and experts to draft the background documents for marketing tools
- Support the Analysis Team by framing common analysis documents, or when needed replacing an analyst and produce docs on other regions.
- Representation as a spectator or as a participant to events
- Supporting the office on a needs basis
- Possibility to be deployed on the field on short notice
Any other activity, as agreed with the Employee’s line manager, which can reasonably fall within the Analyst’s remit.
OTHER SOLUTIONS Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
How to apply:
Applicants interested in joining our analyst team should submit a cover letter and CV applying for the position to email@example.com
Interviews will be held at our London office, in the weeks following the closing date.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb