Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 31 Oct 2016
Job no: 499594
Work type: Fixed Term Staff
Location: United States of America
Categories: Information Communication Technology, P-5
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position**
The overarching ICT strategic goal is to transform and build partnership with our stakeholders to successfully implement UNICEF programmes globally through the use of innovative technology-enabled solutions. This requires stronger partnerships with different units of the organization. The Business Relationship Manager is pivotal in building ICT credibility and trust amongst our stakeholders by driving a solid base of delivery of services, a consistent track record of project delivery, and the development of a strategic partnership with the Cluster.
To this end, UNICEF is looking to fill the posts of four (04) Senior ICT Business Relationship Manager, to support our clusters, as follows:
- Management (Finance, Human Resources, Shared Services)
- Partnerships (Communication, Public and Private Partnerships, Customer Relationship Management, Fundraising)
- Programmes (Programme Management and Policy, Emergencies/Humanitarian, Supply and Logistics)
- Field Results (Results Based Management)
Key Expected Results**
Identification, Management, Facilitation and Prioritization of ICT business demands and objectives
Identify, develop, manage, facilitate and prioritize the ICT business demands and strategic technologies and investments for the cluster, providing thought leadership on innovative solutions driving the technology strategies. Understand business needs and business capability requirements and collaborate with other Business Relationship Managers, Solution Center and other ICT leadership to develop and execute technology strategy in alignment with IT product roadmaps, which achieve the ICT strategy and also drive reduced overall technology platform operating costs.
Identify opportunities where IT technology can provide game-changing innovation and ability to support continual cost optimization, as well as effectiveness and efficiency. Participate in planning sessions with the cluster to identify ICT enabling solutions that support short and long term strategic goals. Guide the creation and delivery of the strategic ICT plan for assigned business partners
As a member of the ICT governance process, responsible for the prioritization and rationalization of demands and accountable for the success of projects portfolio of the cluster. Manage and support established governance processes to ensure all demands for IT are presented to the board for consideration. Provide oversight of the business unit’s Investment Project Portfolio.
Serve as Strategic Partner and trusted advisor
Responsible for building and maintaining strong strategic relationships with the assigned cluster and serve as the interface between the cluster and ICT Division, ensuring a coordinated delivery of services by IT as a whole.
Create improvement opportunities through the effective use of technology, ensuring that the functional requirements are fully met by the proposed solution. Advise on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impacts on end-user products and services, business processes and systems. Analyze technology trends to determine the impact on the achievement of strategic goals.
Business Case Design, Service Management and Value Realization
Lead the resolution of complex ICT-enabled business cases in the cluster. Evaluate demands and guide the assigned organizational group in developing business cases in terms of architectural and portfolio fit, resource estimation, time planning and value. Ensure the alignment of projects with the technology that provides maximum effectiveness and efficiency. Prepare cost benefit analyses for projects, and guide business units in the cluster in prioritizing projects. Identify and leverage IT synergy potentials across business units. Develop recommendations for joint or coordinated application project delivery across business units/Client Divisions in collaboration with other BRMs.
Manage internal customer expectations with respect to IT services; identify gaps between customer needs and IT capabilities, and work to find innovative solutions to those gaps. Develop guidelines for the evaluation, assessment and oversight of providers and third-parties of ICT-related services and products, while ensuring good governance and adherence to standards, policies, procedures and guidelines. Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of requirements-gathering processes, and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes. Establish a Service Catalog to identify opportunities, assess them and provide recommendations based on business relevance, appropriate timing, technology, implementation, and deployment. Ensure value realization through benefit realization plans, total cost of ownership (TCO) and value for money analyses, and monitor such instruments in partnership with the business owners.
Represent the ICT function by sharing ICT vision and promoting IT services and capabilities. Advocate on behalf of assigned business units to ensure IT services meet their business priorities and needs. Lead and champion change management activities (frequent communication to staff and clients about the change and the impact of the change, advocacy, coaching and minimize disruption and achieve desired results from ICT projects/initiatives that are triggered/enabled by technology. Ensure the Cluster Clients understand the technology solution, overall solution delivery, and compliance to governance processes. Develop and communicate IT innovation and awareness programs.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
An Advanced University Degree (Master’s) in management information systems, computer science, business administration, information technology management or other related social science field is required*.
*A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with twelve (12) years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience, at the national and international levels, in information technology systems is required.
Prior experience at Senior level in one or several of the following areas; Web/Mobile solutions, Data management and Business intelligence solutions; Customer relationship management solutions; customer support technologies, Technical Architecture, IT Applications, IT Operations, is required.
Prior experience is also required with:
- managing major custom or packaged implementation projects with delivery to a large or remote user base
- managing multiple stakeholders in a large context/geographically dispersed organization
- integrated ERP and related business applications in global, multi country organizations.
- Previous hands-on experience in a supervisory/managerial capacity is required.
Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required. Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is considered an asset
In addition experience which are specific to the individual BRM posts (required or desirable):
BRM supporting Management Cluster:**
Prior experience with large scale information systems (ERP) in the business operations areas of HR, finance and grant management, supply chain and distribution, shared services, and related business operations is required.
BRM supporting Field Results Cluster:
- Prior experience in emerging innovative technology applications such as mobile telecommunications, cloud computing, open source, big data and analytics is required.
- Prior experience in dash boarding and reporting processes is desirable as is
Interacting with regional and country offices to leverage innovative solutions as well as an understanding of results based management mechanisms.
BRM Supporting Programmes Cluster:**
- Prior experience in emerging Innovative technology applications such as mobile telecommunications, open source, cloud computing, big data and analytics is required.
- Prior experience in understanding and experience with UNICEF program design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation in different sectors such as education, child protection, nutrition, WASH, and leveraging technology and data for maximum impact is desirable
BRM Supporting External Relations and Outreach Cluster:
- Prior experience is desirable in:
- advocacy and outreach communication platforms, including social media
- building external partnerships including IT private sector
- fundraising processes and related information systems
- the UN system and a working understanding of policy development and the Sustainable Development Goals as it relates to ICT
- emerging data sources and analytics and leveraging information for Programme and policy advocacy
In addition, it is desired that the successful candidate demonstrate prior experience in:
- business process analysis and design and ability to translate business needs into technical requirements
- software development lifecycle and Application support
- Networking and Systems design and/or familiarity with system development methodologies (preference for Software product engineering)
- An understanding of the work of UNICEF, and more specifically of the substantive programmatic areas of the cluster
- Ability to foster excellent work relationships and build alliances with key stakeholders.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and resources concurrently, developing budgets and managing forecasts for IT investments, including ability to assess benefits, risks, and costs.
- Ability to learn the functions of the divisions in the relevant cluster and understand the strategic business goals in an effort to identify opportunities for technology innovation and to analyze and propose technical strategies for the cluster.
- Ability to stay abreast of new technologies and their ability to support UNICEF innovation projects to improve efficiency and effectiveness of business units.
- Ability to seize accountability, utilize skills, experience and business knowledge to identify business needs and translate them into solutions.
Competencies of Successful Candidate**
- Communication Level (3)
- Drive for results Level (3)
- Working with people Level (3)
- Analyzing Level (3)
- Applying Technical Expertise Level (3)
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts Level (3)
- Leading and Supervising Level (3)
- Relating and Networking Level (3)
How to apply:
Link to view our competency framework: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
Link to apply: http://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/#/job/499594
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Advertised: 10 Oct 2016 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 31 Oct 2016 Eastern Daylight Time
Read more here:: ReliefWeb