Organization: Social Impact
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 31 Oct 2016
Deputy Director (DD) of Recruitment, Social Impact, Arlington, VA
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors, including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies, such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State; bilateral donors; multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
The DD of Recruitment will be SI’s recruitment thought leader, leading and implementing recruitment strategy, best practices/trainings, process and policies for HQ, and proposal and program recruitment. S/he will manage a recruitment team of six, including Business Development (BD) proposal recruiters, a Program Recruitment Manager and Recruitment Assistant supporting active project recruitment, and an Intern. The DD will serve as a member of the SI BD Leadership team, advising on bid/no bid decisions from the recruitment as well as the broader BD/SI prospective, and lead BD initiatives. S/he will allocate live proposals to the recruitment team, provide quality assurance across all proposals, and coordinate with the recruitment team as support is needed. The position is highly visible and requires collaboration across SI, including with the Executive Management Team, Human Resources, the recruitment team, the proposal teams, and program teams. This is a full-time position, reporting to the Vice President of Business Development.
- Lead recruitment for three strategic priority proposals per year.
- Drive recruitment processes and practices that ensure outstanding client/candidate follow-up, proactive service, and successful delivery of recruitment targets.
- Actively leads internal discussions and initiatives to augment SI’s recruitment system, policies, procedures, policies and tools.
- Serve as a thought leader for executive leadership for developing recruitment strategy for HQ, proposals and projects, and analysis of SOPs and policies.
- Provide quality assurance to Recruiters as they lead proposals, including proper sourcing and identifying the best candidates, organizational chart development/staffing plans, reviewing staffing questions for submission to the donor, ensuring compliance on formatted/tailored Key Personnel and Non-Key Personnel CVs, reviewing Key Personnel and other personnel blurbs/descriptions.
- Review technical and cost proposals as a whole during Red Team for overall quality assurance.
- Develop recruitment tools and guides to facilitate the proposal process.
- Liaise with Program units, with respective Deputy Directors and the Senior Management Team, to coordinate internal initiatives and improve recruitment processes as necessary.
- Manage knowledge management process and components across the Recruitment Team.
- Facilitate recruitment learning companywide, including leading trainings, tracking and analyzing lessons and best practices from individual proposal efforts, client debriefs, and client and competitor trends.
- Provide recruitment statistics to Human Resources for OFCCP compliance, audits, and Affirmative Action Plan reporting.
- Update and maintain accurate applicant tracking system records.
Business Development (BD) Strategy:
- Serve as a member of the BD Leadership team, providing strategic advice and decisions on bid/no bids and pursuit decisions from a larger business development prospective, giving input to other BD initiatives.
- Support intelligence gathering.
- Participate in strategic planning for the business development team, helping to define strategy, budget and resource allocation for the department.
- Identify and coordinate recruitment initiatives.
- Work with other Deputy Directors of Business Development and Vice President of Business Development to develop and refine Proposal Management procedures and practices.
- Develop recruitment strategies and positioning of Social Impact to support client diversification goals, including building new networks of candidates.
- Oversee and manage the Recruitment Team of six recruiters, including Managers, Associates, Assistants, and Interns.
- Allocate new proposals to Recruiters, aligning interests and expertise as much as possible. Recommend realignment of workload as necessary.
- Serve as a coach and mentor, providing career advice, and advocating for staff interests.
- Provide advice, training, and support on best practices in recruitment and business development processes, policies and procedures.
- Conduct goal setting, coaching and performance reviews and appraisals.
- Identify personnel resource needs, and make recommendations to implement resource leveling or hiring decisions.
- Participate in the recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of new Recruitment Team staff.
- Build and maintain relationships and networks with potential consultants/staff, and with potential partner organizations. Demonstrate and develop creative advertising/outreach/networking techniques.
- Attend BD and recruitment networking opportunities, including think tank events, international development policy events, career fairs, workshops, and seminars, SID Gala, etc.
- Assist in marketing and public relations efforts to promote company services and capabilities to current and potential clients, partners, and consultants.
- Degree in international development, business management and/or related field.
- Minimum of seven years of increasingly responsible full life-cycle recruiting that includes international development recruitment experience in the areas of but not limited to: Evaluation Team Leaders, Chiefs of Party, CCN and expat technical M&E specialists and administration and finance personnel.
- Experience leading recruiting on proposals funded by USAID, other USG, and non-USG clients, including DFID, World Bank, and United Nations.
- Extensive interviewing experience.
- Experience recruiting highly skilled professionals in the area of M&E and relevant technical sectors.
- Business development and proposal writing skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fluid team environment with all levels of staff in all units of the company.
- Thorough knowledge of international and domestic recruitment process and selection techniques and requirements of USG hiring and recruiting regulations.
- Experience managing and developing recruitment teams at all levels of experience.
- Experience influencing and interacting with senior management, including executive leadership.
- Experience managing an Applicant Tracking System (ATS), Taleo experience preferred.
- Understanding of modern issues in international development and an appreciation of cultural sensitivities and differences.
- Excellent teamwork and problem-solving skills, especially under pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, strong interpersonal skills, and assertive and professional demeanor and ability to represent SI to diverse audiences.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making capabilities and a solution-oriented focus.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, organize a large volume of work, and perform independently.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb