Organization: Management Systems International
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 03 Nov 2016
Team Leader/Evaluation and Trade Facilitation Specialist,
Performance Evaluation of the USAID/West Africa Trade Hub,
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project Summary: MSI is the lead implementer of USAID’s E3 Analytics and Evaluation Project, which supports the design and implementation of rigorous evaluations for USAID’s Bureau for Economic Growth, Education, and Environment (E3). Under this Project, MSI will be conducting a mid-term performance evaluation of USAID/West Africa’s Trade and Investment Hub (the Trade Hub).
The evaluation is expected to encompass the design and implementation of three related activities:
1) A mid-term evaluation to assess and document the extent to which the Trade Hub has achieved its objectives.
2) An assessment of the value added to participating firms and local partners through the Trade Hub and where USAID and the Trade Hub should focus resources to better add value.
3) An analysis of USAID/West Africa’s activities to improve the performance and sustainability of these local organizations.
Applicants living the Washington, DC metro area are strongly encouraged to apply.**
Position Summary: MSI is currently seeking a Team Leader/Evaluation and Trade Facilitation Specialist for the WATH evaluation. Applicants should have demonstrated experience leading evaluation teams and designing and implementing mixed-methods evaluations for USAID or similar international donor agencies, ideally in one more of the following countries: Ghana, Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire, Mali, and Burkina Faso. The successful candidate will also have expertise in trade facilitation, agricultural standards and tariffs, and/or regional trade integration. The successful candidate will ideally have knowledge of issues and/or experience working with ECOWAS and other regional organizations.
- Lead the design and implementation of all evaluation activities.
- Participate in the identification and selection of evaluation team members.
- Supervise other evaluation team members in carrying out required design, data collection, and analysis tasks.
- Ensure that evaluation processes and products meet the requirements and quality standards of MSI and USAID.
- Oversee and conduct desk research and provide inputs to inform required evaluation design documents.
- Co-lead the drafting and finalization of the evaluation design documents including: data collection instruments, data collection and analysis plans, work plans, sampling plans, and other relevant sections of the design document.
- Carry out research and analysis based on the approved evaluation design and methodology; this may include reviewing and analyzing secondary documents, conducting key informant interviews in person or by phone, and supervising data collection in one or more of the countries where the Trade Hub is implemented and other approaches to collect and analyze data.
- Co-lead the drafting and finalization of the draft and final evaluation report; including responding to comments from MSI project team and the client.
- Participate in presentations to USAID regarding findings and recommendations from the evaluation.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field of study, plus 8 or more years of relevant experience. Alternatively, must have 3-5 years of relevant experience with a PhD.
- Proven evaluation team management and leadership experience including overseeing data collection teams across multiple countries.
- At least 5 years of experience in the evaluation of donor-funded projects in Africa;
- Sound knowledge of regional integration, trade facilitation, and/or supplier-oriented trade policy particularly in West Africa.
- Familiarity with the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), and the West African Economic and Monetary Union (UEMOA).
- Sound knowledge of USAID program cycle including extensive familiarity with USAID Evaluation Policy.
- Native or near-native fluency in English, including speaking, writing, and reading.
- Advanced French proficiency desired.
- Outstanding analytical and report writing skills.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/3gnmvzh9rd
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb