Organization: Population Services International
Closing date: 10 Nov 2016
Consultancy for the Introduction of Sayana Press in Zambia
Based in Zambia and remote
Term: 7 days
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a motley group of entrepreneurs and professionals with a diverse range of backgrounds all the way from the medical industry to the music business, all with unique skills we bring to the job.
Society for Family Health (SFH), an affiliate of Population Services International (PSI), has implemented health programs in line with the priorities of the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ). SFH has implemented programs to address critical public health issues in Zambia in areas such as HIV prevention, Reproductive health, Malaria and Diarrheal diseases.
SFH is currently collaborating with Ministry of Health through the Sexual and Reproductive health for All Initiative (SARAI) which is a five year USAID funded project, to improve reproductive health by increasing the modern contraceptive prevalence rate through increased access to and improved quality of FP/RH services.
We are looking for a Consultant to facilitate a Trainer of Trainers’ workshop for the use of SAYANA press (uniject medroxyprogesterone acetate). It is envisaged that these trainers will in turn train Community Based Distributors (CBDs) on how to provide this injectable contraception. The consultant’s experience will also be sought in the form of technical support for the adaptation of training manuals, hand outs and related job aids.
Sound like you? Read on.
The consultant will, in consultation with SFH’s SARAI staff and the CBD Task Force undertake the following tasks:
- Review Family Planning and Community Based Distributors Family Planning training manuals, hand outs and job aids currently in use in Zambia in view of adaptation and inclusion of SAYANA press.
- Review PATH manuals, hand outs and job aids on training and administration of SAYANA press
- Meet with key stakeholders (CBD of injectable FP TWG task force members, national trainers, representatives from USAID and MOH) to adapt the PATH training manuals and job aids for SAYANA press and ensure they are in line with Zambian family planning objectives.
- Facilitate a trainer of trainers’ workshop for SAYANA press.
- Advanced university degree (masters or equivalent) in public health or Reproductive Health.
- Experience in the implementation of SAYANA press program.
- Capacity to facilitate a Trainer of Trainers’ workshop.
- Prior demonstrated experience in adaptation of training manuals, hand outs and job aids.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with project members in various locations and from multiple organisations, including remotely writing and revising training manuals and job aids
- Ability to integrate different experiences, methodologies, and approaches from a diverse range of stakeholders, organisations, and technical experts from multiple sectors.
- Excellent English speaking/writing skills required.
7 working days (4 days in country, 3 days remote). Proposed dates for the workshop are October 25- 28th, 2016.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/62k38vdt8g
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb