Organization: International Medical Corps
Closing date: 01 Dec 2016
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
This is to support our Haiti Response.
Provide assistance to HR, including maintenance of HRIS system, tracking new hires and employment changes, new hire orientations, benefits program assistance, and general HR communications for bi-coastal corporate offices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation
• Conduct new hire orientation, communicate details of benefit programs, policies, and procedures in the Employee Handbook,
• Create personnel files for new hires and Consultant/Intern/Volunteer files,
• Responsible for all entries and maintenance of HRIS database,
• Ensure all applicable enrollment forms, company agreements and policies and other applicable documents are understood and signed by the employee and filed in the personnel file,
• Maintain and update personnel files, audit files every 3 months for completeness and accuracy,
• Enroll or terminate employees in health benefits plans,
• Responsible for maintaining supply of Orientation manuals and materials,
• Process termination paperwork (termination packet: thank you letter, COBRA notification, and COBRA coverage election),
• Liaise with Payroll regarding new hires, employee changes and terminations,
• Receive and process leave requests and forward to appropriate personnel for approval,
• Track vacation, sick and personal time,
• Act as back up to front desk receptionist when needed to answer phones, distribute mail, facilitate kitchen duties, and office supply upkeep,
• Maintain employee bulletin board, including up to date open position postings,
• Liaise with Cigna and Mutual of America regarding employee accounts and inquires,
• Determine pension eligibility and maintain tracking spreadsheet,
• Track consultant contract and volunteer end dates,
• Track I-9 expiration dates and maintain updated information,
• Work with department mangers to coordinate Volunteer activities and schedules (LA),
• Respond to employee questions regarding company benefits and policies,
• Maintain Orientation Manual updates for LA & DC (including Org charts, departmental changes, and policy changes),
• Conduct employment verifications,
• Reconcile Cigna insurance bill,
• Track and process Aflac requests,
• Supply employee with copy of performance appraisal,
• Liaise with IT dept to ensure set-up of new hire email account and necessary network access,
• Initiate and complete background screening process, including search name on Google.com, submit and retrieve BridgerInsight report, and submit and retrieve Kroll background report when complete. File and make confidential copy of Kroll report only for employee.
• Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to internal and external actors
• Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps
• Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Skills & Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 2 years HR experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent administrative, secretarial, leadership and influencing skills,
• Ability to multi-task and organize projects,
• PC skills with Microsoft Office and Internet,
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information,
• Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills in a high-pressure environment.
Other Relevant Information (if applicable):
• Ability to speak to French is highly preferred
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
How to apply:
please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more here:: ReliefWeb