Posted by: Yunus Social Business – Global initiatives
Berlin, Land Berlin, Germany
YSB is looking for a Global Brand & Communications Manager to join our global team and take leadership in strengthening our brand position and building out our communications efforts, from design to execution.
The Brand and Communications Manager will report directly to the YSB Global CEO and will work closely with the global YSB Partnerships and Fundraising team as well as the YSB country teams around the world:
- Work closely with YSB senior leadership at global and country level to propose and agree an effective Brand & Communications Strategy
- Help refine and communicate our value proposition to major stakeholders and further position YSB as thought leader in the social business space
- Review existing brand guidelines and oversee their execution across all YSB countries
- Act as service provider and advisor to global and country teams to ensure harmonization of communication efforts around the world
- Create and manage engaging, appealing and creative marketing material for relevant stakeholder groups
- Content creation for website, blog, social media, thought pieces, annual report, etc
- Get the YSB and entrepreneur stories told in mainstream media as well as special interest channels, offline and online, build strong media relations
- Help maximise the communications impact from YSB’s participation in high level events incl. World Economic Forum, Clinton Global Initiative, UN Week in New York, etc.
- Managing YSB’s social media, website and communication platforms, including updating with latest news and activity updates, and improvement of reach and performance
- Use analytic tools to propose and implement effective brand messaging and communications channels
- Liaise with YSB country offices on an ongoing basis to streamline and improve YSBs communication efforts
- Other, more project-specific tasks may also be part of your role, depending on needs and availability
- A great opportunity to use your talent, skills and enthusiasm to help create social businesses with us!
- An exciting work environment with great scope for taking on significant responsibilities within projects and within the organization.
A lot of joy in all our projects and a friendly, young, international team.
- You have previously led (or had a senior position) brand and communications efforts within a fast growing, ideally international setting – including strategy development and execution
- You understand the challenges and opportunities of a global brand icon like Prof. Yunus combined with a young and evolving organisation like YSB and the necessary strategies to further amplify its reach
- You have a firm grasp of all relevant communication channels, with experience in online and offline channels, copy editing, ideally video production, analytics reporting and graphic design
- You are a self-starter with top-notch communications skills, can manage projects independently without a lot of guidance, and are able to manage several projects at the same time under time pressure.
- You can build consensus among a diverse and international group and feel comfortable with remote team work and are excited about being part of a diverse, fast-paced, global start-up environment
- You are passionate about and immersed into relevant topics, developments and conversations in the field of social impact and innovation
- You are fluent and proficient in spoken and written English and German and have an engaging writing skill
- Excellent PowerPoint skills, ideally experience in Photoshop or InDesign, video editing is a plus, creativity and attention to detail
Yunus Social Business is a non-profit venture fund.
We believe that business has the power to reduce poverty to zero.
We turn philanthropic donations into investments in sustainable social businesses that provide income and essential products and services to disadvantaged communities around the world.
Read more here:: Idealist