Posted by: One Acre Fund
Muramvya, Muramvya Province, Burundi
Exceptional professionals with 2+ years work experience to serve in a position that combines financial and operational analysis, process design and implementation, team management and staff development in East Africa.
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job.
The Business Operations department, or BizOps, is responsible for all key client data management, including client profiles, orders, regular repayments, and credit balances. The BizOps Associate will work closely with our core field operations on a daily basis and will support the growth of our client base by building, developing, and motivating a large team of national staff with a focus on efficient process design, considered structure, and ambitious achievements. This role will require a high-level of responsibility and we need someone who can effectively meet goals and deliver results through coordination and communication, process design and implementation, team building and leadership development. The BizOps Associate will manage a growing team across a growing geographic area and support the rollout of products and services at both mature and testing stages.
The BizOps Associate will also play an important role in key operational changes. For example, we are planning or implementing a transition in several of our country programs to direct farmer mobile repayments. Implementing the systems behind a transition of thousands of rural farmers from cash to mobile money will be a key project requiring the BizOps Associate’s support.
In addition to client data management, team building, and implementing projects critical to the organization’s continued growth, the BizOps Associate will lead our in-country customer service function which interfaces directly with our farmer clients through our hotlines and SMS outreach programs.
The ultimate goal of this position is to build remarkable teams, design and then implement thoughtful, measurable, efficient processes that can run and scale with minimal attention as the BizOps Associate grows to meet ever evolving, new, and exciting opportunities.
Recent BizOps Accomplishments:
- Last season, the Kenya BizOps team entered 189,000 farmer contract records in 4 weeks and introduced double-data entry to drive accuracy. During delivery of products to clients throughout the season, our data was proven to be 99.996% accurate.
- Last season, the Kenya Customer Engagement served 26,000+ farmers directly and sent more than 8 million tailored SMS messages to clients.
- This year, BizOps supported the Kenya program’s transition away from cash repayment to a system based completely on mobile money for all 215,000 clients. This meant designing, implementing, and managing new BizOps repayment assignment and reconciliation processes at scale while continuing to support normal field-based operations.
Typical projects/tasks include but are not limited to:
- Staff Management & Development: Manage and develop a team of 10+ to ensure client orders, payments and other program features are fully reflected in our custom CRM system. Managing and developing the structures and individual talent of the team will be your most important role. You will also collaborate closely across departments with our Field Operations, Logistics, Technology and Finance teams.
- Client Payments: Ensure that individual client payments are entered into our custom system in an accurate and timely manner. Lead the transition towards using mobile repayment systems.
- Client Order Management & Fulfillment: Manage seasonal client sign-up and order processes as well as working with Logistics to ensure thousands of clients receive what they ordered throughout the season.
- Client Data Management: Integrate programmatic rules and trials such as prepayment deadlines, client penalties, variable deadlines, new products, etc.
- Customer Service: Help to develop a world-class customer service team and processes to ensure that customer inquiries are addressed in a timely manner.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2+ years of work experience and a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. leading a conference, starting a business, solid Peace Corps accomplishments).
- Ability to develop and grow a team. Previous people and project management experience, or experience hiring a team, is highly valuable.
- Top-performing academic background (include GPA on your resume)
- Advanced MS Office skills (Access a bonus)
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Language: English and French required in Burundi.
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
Sponsor International Candidates
East Africans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Read more here:: Idealist