Closing date: 27 Nov 2016
Are you passionate about protecting the rights of children and young people? Are you interested in creating a campaign that can protect more children globally? Then join us!
You will be joining the multi-disciplinary team of Friends-International (FI) comprised of over 600 professionals committed to creating innovative social services for youth, children and families worldwide.
What will you do?
As a Research Assistant, you will be working alongside our Monitoring & Evaluation and Communications teams to support them in creating a campaign that will tackle issues of institutionalization of children. We launched “Do Not Create More Orphans” campaign back in 2015 in order to raise public awareness of the downsides of institutionalization of children in orphanages even though appropriately 77% of these children have at least one living parent. This campaign, which targets English-speaking audiences, generated ripple effects internationally. (See http://www.thinkchildsafe.org/thinkbeforedonating/)
For the next 18 months, we’re stepping up our campaign by targeting specific donor segments in Cambodia and abroad to achieve measurable behavior change.
Your mission will be to assist in research prior to the new campaign and coordination of this new multi-faceted advocacy campaign with other institutional partners.
Your responsibilities as a RESEARCH ASSISTANT will include:
• Stakeholder mapping
• Implement baseline surveys using semi-structured interviews and focus group discussions
• Assist in analyzing survey results and compiling a formative research report
• Assist in implementing campaign strategy with the Communications team and the ChildSafe Movement team
• You are a dynamic team worker who is passionate about advocating for children and families
• You have experience conducting primary research, such as focus group discussions, semi-structured interviews, market surveys
• You have background in media and communication strategies
• You have excellent communication skills and are comfortable speaking in front of groups
• You are fluent in written and spoken English
• You are ideally already based in Phnom Penh
You will be based in our Headquarters in Phnom Penh and you can commit to the project for at least 3 months. This position carries a stipend commensurate with experience.
Friends-International is a social enterprise that works with marginalized urban children and youth, their families and communities, to help them become independent and productive citizens of their country. We drive an innovative network of government and non-government organizations working together to solve the problems children and youth face worldwide. The objective is to significantly improve the quality and impact of services to marginalized urban children and youth and related groups through an effective network of internationally recognized organizations. We have developed a holistic social integration cycle that is based on individual and community needs to achieve best practice methods directly or in collaboration with partners.
How to apply:
Join us by:
Submitting your cover letter with a CV to email@example.com with the caption subject: Research Assistant before 27 November, 2016
Friends-International is an equal opportunity employer and the successful candidate will be selected based on merit
The successful applicant will be expected to comply with Friends-International’s Child Protection Policy
Read more here:: ReliefWeb