Country: Central African Republic
Closing date: 18 Nov 2016
DanChurchAid (DCA) is looking for an experienced Humanitarian Advisor with Livelihoods and Protection experience and excellent fundraising skills to develop and implement DCA’s humanitarian response activities in Central African Republic. Humanitarian response projects form an integrated part of a larger DCA intervention, which also includes several DCA Safer Communities Approach activities, namely Risk Education (SALW/Hazardous Explosives), Community safety Planning, Non-technical Survey and Community Liaison activities. Humanitarian response projects will be designed, funds secured and projects implemented by the Humanitarian Advisor under the direction of DCA CAR Senior management and in close cooperation with DCA HQ. Protection, Cash and Livelihoods are potential programmatic areas of interest to be further assessed and developed by the humanitarian advisor.
Under the direction and supervision of the Programme manager, the Humanitarian Advisor will be responsible for: conducting relevant field assessments; monitoring and reporting on current and future projects; providing technical support and capacity building to partners and/ or DCA national staff; and coordinating with the relevant groups and fora (cluster meetings, working groups, etc.). The Humanitarian Advisor will provide relevant input to the CAR Safer Communities strategy and involvement in the overall grant management cycle will be an integral part of this position.
- Conduct in-depth field needs assessments including in the field of livelihoods and protection.
- Participate to consolidating DCA’s presence in CAR and advise on partnership and programmatic opportunities.
- Monitor and report on the implementation of all DCA humanitarian response activities in CAR. Provide or secure technical support to partners where necessary. Ensure project compliance to DCA and donor requirements, and reporting.
- Coordinate as requested by the Programme Manager with relevant humanitarian fora, national civil society organisations, ACT member agencies, international NGOs, UN agencies, donors, national and local authorities and other stakeholders.
- Develop concept notes and project proposals and participate in fundraising. This includes project design and leading the development of project proposals, together with other members of the DCA team in CAR and DCA HQ.
- Provide capacity building and technical assistance to the implementing partners and / or DCA national staff with focus on accountability policy and practice, cash transfer programming, market assessment and other areas, as needed.
- Provide inputs to DCA country strategy as relevant.
We are looking for:
- University degree in relevant field, post graduate qualifications preferred.
- Excellent spoken and written French and English is a must.
- At least 5 years’ working experience in humanitarian project management, including experience in complex emergencies.
- Protection and livelihoods experience is mandatory including experience related to Cash Transfer Programming, market analysis, social-economic assessment and PSS.
- Proven track record in strong strategic planning, networking, coordination and communication skills including successful fundraising and donor liaison.
Experience working with national partner organisations including ability to assess capacities and address organisational and staff development needs, as well as planning and coordination of partner activities in a participatory manner.
A keen ability to develop and implement monitoring and evaluation plans
Excellent capacity to design project concepts, draft project outlines, proposals and budgets using the logical framework approach and/or Theory of Change.
Be able to produce results under pressure and with short deadlines.
Experience of mentoring/training national staff and working with partners of different cultural backgrounds. Cultural sensitivity and understanding of the political and cultural context in CAR.
Proven experience of living and working under arduous conditions.
Willingness to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic team.
- A job which will make a difference and improve the lives of people living in CAR
- Decision making competence within the set framework of the project
- Challenging and varied work tasks and the ability to influence project design and activities
- Competitive salary package and R&R, comprehensive insurance as per industry standards
- A 6 months contract with the possibility of extension
- Non-family duty station based in Bangui
Qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. Only applications consisting of a motivation letter, CV and three work related references will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted. Applications sent by mail will not be considered.
The deadline for application is 18 November, 2016 with interviews scheduled for the following week. Desired start date as soon as possible.
For further information regarding DCA please visit www.danchurchaid.org
How to apply:
To apply online, please go to “get involved” at www.danchurchaid.org
Read more here:: ReliefWeb