Organization: Banyan Global
Country: Democratic Republic of the Congo
Closing date: 30 Nov 2016
Banyan Global is currently seeking qualified candidates for Financial Service Development Specialist positions on an anticipated USAID-funded Feed the Future Value Chain Activity in Kivu, DRC. The goal of the activity is to expand economic opportunities for vulnerable populations participating in coffee and other selected value chains. Preferred candidates will have specific experience in working with financial institutions in the DRC. This position will be located in Bukavu, South Kivu, DRC (Goma or Kitanga also possible).
Duties and Responsibilities
The Financial Service Development Specialist will provide technical assistance to financial institutions benefitting from the USAID-funded Development Credit Authority loan guarantee program operating in the Kivu VC-supported geographic region.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s-level degree in business, finance, agricultural economics or economics preferred.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in financial services
- Prior experience working in the DRC (DRC residence preferred)
- Knowledge of USAID Development Credit Authority (DCA) requirements
- Demonstrated technical expertise in capacity building or consulting for financial institutions in Francophone Africa
- Experience in microcredit
- Experience in agricultural finance preferred
- Strong written communication and effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
- Experience working on international donor-funded development projects preferred
- Oral and written fluency in French and English required.
Banyan Global is a small, women-owned development consulting firm, founded on the principle that integrating expertise and experience from the development community and private sector will achieve a broad and lasting impact. Through market-driven, business approaches, Banyan Global works with the private sector, civil society, and government to improve livelihoods, build markets, and promote efficient resource allocation in developing and transitional economies. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health sector development, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning. Banyan Global brings together a unique team of professionals with experience in international development and the private sector. Banyan Global provides advisory, policy, and regulatory services, program management, and technical assistance and training, as well as niche gender and post-conflict expertise. Banyan Global’s clients include leading bilateral and multilateral donor agencies, regional development banks, foundations, not-for-profit organizations, business, and industry. Banyan Global holds a significant portfolio of subcontracts for USAID-funded work and has worked in more than 38 countries, serving clients in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East.
How to apply:
Please apply to the position through our website, www.banyanglobal.com/careers.php, and include a cover letter and résumé in your submission. Please no phone calls.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb