Organization: RTI International
Country: Democratic Republic of the Congo
Closing date: 07 Dec 2016
RTI is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist position on an anticipated USAID-funded Feed the Future Value Chain Activity in Kivu, DRC. The goal of the activity is to expand economic opportunities for vulnerable populations participating in coffee and other selected value chains. The M&E Specialist will ensure the establishment and implementation of an effective and efficient system to monitor progress, impacts and successes of project activities and performance at all levels. The M&E Specialist will report to the Chief of Party. This position will be located in Bukavu, South Kivu, DRC.
• Develop, manage and implement the project’s M&E systems, including relevant performance indicators, baselines, and annual targets and ensures compliance to USAID requirements;
• Advise on the design of pilot activities, assessments, and feedback of learning into program strategy;
• Supervise the collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators by other team members and project counterparts;
• Identify, recruit and supervise consultants and contractors supporting M&E activities
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports on the status of project implementation; contribute to other project reports such as annual work plans
• Regularly review and update the project’s M&E plan
• Provides oversight for project results reporting & management in collaboration with COP & project technical staff
• Provides M&E technical assistance capacity building for local partner organizations
• Ensures successful implementation of performance monitoring plan
• Ensures achievement of and accurate reporting on project milestones
• Produces performance monitoring reports and other summaries requested by the COP and USAID
• Support and/or contribute significantly to the analysis of project monitoring data to derive lessons for improvement and make recommendations
• Contributes to the development of standardized reporting, performance monitoring, and evaluation among partners
• Oversees performance monitoring reporting associated with project close-out
• Master’s degree and 3 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 6 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of international development programs
• Exceptional technical skills in data management, M&E, survey design, mapping and/or impact assessment required.
• Experience in DRC (DRC residence preferred)
• Experience on USAID-funded projects required; Experience with Feed the Future indicators preferred.
• Familiarity with USAID’s Collaborating, Learning, & Adapting (CLA) principles
• Experience working in agriculture, agribusiness, or private sector development highly desired
• Strong oral/written communication skills
• Additional skills required for the position include: proficiency in Excel, Word, and other MS Office software; data analysis software (such as SPSS or Stata);
• Fluency in written and spoken French and English required. Swahili preferred.
How to apply:
To Respond: Individuals are invited to submit a curriculum vitae (CV) with current contact information and details (including achievements) of relevant experience to www.rti.org/job17639.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI