Organization: International Organization for Migration
Country: Democratic Republic of the Congo
Closing date: 04 Dec 2016
Position Title : Resource Management Officer
Duty Station : Goma, Dem. Rep. Congo
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 04 December 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM), the direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer (RMO) in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), and in coordination with the Head of Sub-Office (HoSO) in Goma and relevant units at Headquarters (HQs) and Regional Office (RO Pretoria), the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for monitoring of the budgetary, financial, human resources and administrative functions of the Mission particularly the Eastern DRC sub-offices. S/he will also contribute to providing recommendations aiming at increasing effectiveness and efficiency of resource management in the assigned sub-offices.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Monitor financial management, particularly in the Goma sub-office, including the oversight of financial expenditures and accountability. Undertake financial analysis of all activities in the assigned sub-offices.
Coordinate with senior management the preparation of donor financial reports in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures.
Assist in forecasting cash flows according to activities in the Mission and ensure daily control of funds disbursed; verify that funding is received in accordance with donor agreements.
Participate in the preparation and draft portions of the annual budget for the Mission, and assist in the preparation of budgets for new programmes.
Inspect payroll versus budgets, ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with IOM’s projectization criteria.
Make recommendations on procedural improvements and assist in training local staff in the relevant areas of administration and finance.
Assist in the supervision of the Mission’s administrative functions, and other related activities, in accordance with the Organization’s policies and procedures.
Monitor the implementation of procurement, logistics, facilities maintenance, asset administration, and transport support within established internal control mechanisms.
Evaluate, monitor and update the database of vendor/contractor accreditation and evaluation status to ensure a pool of reliable vendors and contractors.
Establish and monitor a tracking system of commodities, supplies, and equipment and project assets in the mission.
Liaise with other internal functional units of the Mission, and support the supervisor in liaising with banks, donors and government counterparts and other stakeholders as required in the performance of the accounting function.
Liaise with relevant units at HQs and RO Pretoria with regard to the financial and administrative activities of the Mission.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration, from an accredited academic institution; with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Professional certification as Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant is an advantage.
• Experience in financial management, accounting and budgeting;
• Experience with internal control assessment, internal audit and or external audit;
• Knowledge of IOM’s regulations, policies and procedures;
• Experience with international institutions knowledge of IPSAS and SAP highly desirable;
• Knowledge of IOM accounting systems, software and procedures a distinct advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 04 December 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 21.11.2016 to 04.12.2016
Requisition: SVN 2016/124 (P) – Resource Management Officer (P2) – Goma, DRC (54902271) Released
Posting: Posting NC54902283 (54902283) Released
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT