Posted by: Facing History and Ourselves
New York, NY, US
Note: This position is budgeted for January 2017
Facing History and Ourselves seeks an energetic and detail-oriented Development Coordinator, who will help to support fundraising strategies in the New York. Under the direction of the Director of Development, the Development Coordinator will support fundraising and community outreach events, maintain data integrity in Salesforce, and generally support the operations of the Development and Fundraising department. This individual will act as a key member of the team, preparing for weekly meetings, distributing weekly financial reports and generally keeping the team communication strong and consistent.Responsibilities include:
Annual Benefit Dinner
• Support the Development Team to ensure successful planning and execution of Benefit Dinner and all related activities. Responsibilities include: tracking donations, communication with vendors, managing publication process, running and circulating reports, and communication with the New York team and Organizational Leadership as necessary.
• Track and maintain all guests, donations, and table information in Salesforce database and run necessary reports.
• Assist in weekly progress reports to Benefit Chairs, Benefit committee, and necessary staff; manage and lead registration process at Benefit.
• Help track necessary follow up by Staff, Benefit Chairs, and New York Advisory Board members.
• Assist with volunteer recruitment, training and management.
New York Advisory Board
• Provide support to the Development team for the New York Advisory Board and its subcommittees.
• Responsibilities include: organizing logistics for Advisory Board meetings (food preparations, room + AV set up,) attending the meeting to track attendance and take detailed notes, updating Salesforce as needed and completing other tasks as requested.
New York Events
• Work with New York Development and Program teams on the execution of events including corporate events, house parties, community events, etc. Responsibilities include: oversee and manage event guest lists, out-of-town staff travel arrangements and logistics, collect RSVP’s, and provide general support before, during and after events.
• Ensure that all event information is accurately updated and tracked on the master calendar, the events database and in Salesforce.
General Development Efforts
• Support the New York team and volunteer leadership in preparation for donor meetings and other related donor contacts/events. Responsibilities include the preparation of meeting packets, and compiling briefing memos to circulate in advance of meetings with high priority donors, and assistance in portfolio management.
• Support all Development activities in New York, including data entry, report generation, gift processing and administrative tasks, as assigned.
• Maintain and ensure accuracy of information in Salesforce.
• Assist the Director of Development and Senior Development Officer with various tasks, as assigned.
• Provide administrative support for development and general office activities in the New York office. This includes filing, photocopying, mailings, etc.
• Answering the phone and directing calls to appropriate staff members or taking messages. Providing basic information about the organization to callers and visitors, making follow-up calls for events and meetings.
• Other duties, as assigned.
Read more here:: Idealist