Posted by: Clinton Giustra Enterprise Partnership
Armenia, Quindío Department, Colombia
Chakipi Colombia Distribution Enterprise (“CHAKIPI”) background
Chakipi Colombia was created in 2015. Chakipi, meaning “to your home” in Quechua, a native Andean language, is the brand of CGEP’s inclusive distribution enterprises. Distribution enterprises empower women as entrepreneurs in remote and urban areas and provide a basket of essential consumer goods, food, and pro-poor innovations for sale. We supply the products at convenient meeting points and we provide the training and coaching that the women need to be knowledgeable and confident salespeople. The women sell these products into their communities and increase their incomes in return.
Chakipi Colombia is currently working in the departments of Bolivar and Sucre and is in the process of scaling throughout the country.
Clinton Giustra Enterprise Partnership background
The Clinton Giustra Enterprise Partnership (CGEP, www.cgepartnership.com), one of 11 initiatives at the Clinton Foundation, is pioneering an innovative approach to poverty alleviation. We are impact entrepreneurs. We create new enterprises by addressing existing market gaps in developing countries’ distribution or supply chains. Our enterprises provide underserved communities access to market, jobs, and training by incorporating individuals into one of three market-driven models – Inclusive Distribution businesses, farmer services and aggregation businesses, and Training Center enterprises.
Our unique approach is based on the mass replication of high impact, self-sustaining enterprise models in partnership with multinational corporations. Through these models, CGEP seeks to help millions of people work themselves out of poverty.
We manage a portfolio of enterprises in Latin America, the Caribbean, and Asia, and are quickly expanding into Africa.
Reporting/Supervisor: General Manager
Location: Eje cafetero (flexible)
Travel: Up to 50% local travel
Start Date: December 2016
District/Network Manager is a key position, working closely with the General Manager (GM) of CHAKIPI, and is responsible for managing and developing entrepreneur relationships, entrepreneur recruitment strategy, sales volumes, scoping and opening of new markets, and creation of sales routes.
- Make sure sales targets are achieved
- Manage the operations budget
- Oversee the following positions: recruitment and payment analyst, team leaders, and territory representatives
- Scope and secure new localities for the expansion of the business
- Develop and execute entrepreneur recruitment strategy
- Manage and develop entrepreneur, network, and community relationships
- Willing to travel extensively in country
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Languages)
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 5-8 years experience in sales of products of mass consumption, managing sales teams (3 years minimum)
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Experience in an international organization preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience working in Colombia preferred
- Oral and written fluency in English required; fluency in Spanish required
- Passion for the cause: poverty alleviation
Read more here:: Idealist