Organization: UN High Commissioner for Refugees
Closing date: 16 Nov 2016
CONTEXT AND DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent, working in the Administrative Section, will perform the following duties:
- Assist in administrative formalities related to travel arrangements and issuance/ renewal of visas, licences, travel arrangements and other similar documents;
- Assist the management to organise and run UNHCR Office and Residential (wherever applicable) compounds;
- Facilitate various official missions of UNHCR staff and other persons of concern to UNHCR;
- Assist in requisition of office supplies, equipment and arrange for distribution together with the appropriate inventory records;
- Search office files and records relating to a variety of topics for information and reference. Select information and records in specified format or on the basis of general instructions for use by others in preparing reports, correspondence, technical papers, project or programme plans and general reference documents;
- Draft correspondence and reports, as required, on general administrative or specialized tasks which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility; Type correspondence, documents and reports, some of which may be highly confidential;
- Attend meetings on day-to-day admin matters; administer the movement of UNHCR staff members and monitor their attendance records, leave plans, overtime and visa requirements.
- Assist in interpreting and processing of entitlements, issuance of contracts and maintenance of various personnel records and files;
- Arrange appointments and maintain supervisor’s calendar, receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls and answer queries with discretion; Keep lists of names, addresses and telephone numbers of ministers, government officials and members of the diplomatic corps;
- Prepare attestations and certificates required by the staff members for signature of senior officer; Any other responsibilities/functions deemed necessary or as delegated by the Head of the office and/or Supervisor in order to meet the level of the services in the organization
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Completion of Secondary education or equivalent technical or commercial school with certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related field.
- Minimum 5 years of job experience relevant to the function;
- Computer skills (MS office and People Soft applications).
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language (as applicable in the duty station).
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge in UNHCR Admin and financial rules, procedures and processes;
- Knowledge and working experience of MSRP (Peoplesoft);
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN or local languages.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit a motivation letter and a completed Personal History Form (P11) prior to the closing date of the vacancy notice through UNHCR Egypt’s recruitment portal: http://hr.unhcrgypt.org/
Personal History Form (P11) are available in the recruitment portal and also at www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc
A written Test might be applicable. No relocation fees apply.
Only Egyptian candidates can apply or International candidates with a valid work permit. UNHCR follows a strict non-smoking environment policy.
Only short–listed candidates will be contacted.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb