Organization: International Committee of the Red Cross
Closing date: 11 Dec 2016
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), a neutral and independent humanitarian organization, has a vacancy at its Regional Delegation in Paris for a resident position:
A Human Resources Manager (M/F)
Purpose of the post
The purpose of this position is to deliver HR services in our 3 delegations of Paris, London and Brussels as well as our offices in Athens, Belfast and mission in Budapest, in order to enable line managers and employees to adequately respond to operational challenges in the field. Through a Human Resources presence within each of these ICRC sites, this role implies direct supervision, support and coordination of its different HR services providers.
- Understands the Regional and the delegations/missions HR strategies and oversees its implementations within each site/structure;
Reports to the Regional HR Partner at the HQ and the Centres of Expertise any relevant information that may shape the Regional HR strategy and priorities as well as the design of HR policies and processes.
Be accountable for the delivery of HR services in each Delegation/Mission;
Validates and ensures HR processes and policies are delivered consistently and accordingly to guidelines from Centres of Expertise;
Reports to the Regional HR Partner at the HQ in the execution of all initiatives within the Delegations.
Advises and guides Line Managers in the execution of core people management responsibilities.
Supervises HR Teams in the execution of daily HR activities and provides necessary guidance and advice
Implements ad-hoc HR projects and initiatives from HR
- EU national or holder of a valid work permit for the Schengen area
- Willingness to travel to the structures covered 50% of his/her time
- Very good command of English and French mandatory
- Strong Academic background, with at least 5 years of relevant experience in an HR generalist or HR Manager function
- Good knowledge of (or interest for learning) the labor legislation in the countries covered
- Fully conversant with IT tools
- Previous experience in an international/humanitarian environment & in change management a strong asset
- Ability to develop the role with exemplary conduct and to represent the HR function in the field;
- Ability to guide, support, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to HR staff under her/his direct supervision;
- Ability to advise key stakeholders on all aspects of people management and development;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to create and maintain partnerships at all levels of the delegations/structures, both with staff and managers;
- Excellent and effective communication and listening skills and ability to adapt and to interact collaboratively in a multicultural team;
- Strong analytical, decision making and organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities in an autonomous manner;
- Cultural awareness and commitment to encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
What we offer
- An opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural environment
- Several HR training courses and access to further in-house and/or external training
- An attractive remuneration package (terms and conditions of employment of our Paris delegation)
How to apply:
Application files (resume and letter of motivation) are to be sent to David Le Carré: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 11 December 2016
Contract: Open-ended contract (CDI)
Starting date: First trimester 2017
Only short listed candidate will be contacted. Please note that short-listed candidates will be requested to submit copies of their diplomas/certificates
Read more here:: ReliefWeb