Posted by: Hope So Bright
Manhattan Beach, CA, US
Responsibilities for Grant Writer/Fund-Raiser
1) Responsible for conducting a full range of activities; required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
2) Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
3) Monitor progress of fundraising drives.
4) Compile or develop materials to submit to granting or other funding organizations.
5) Develop and maintain media contact lists.
6) Develop strategies to encourage new or increased contributions.
7) Organize activities to raise funds or otherwise solicit and gather monetary donations or other gifts for an organization. May design and produce promotional materials. May also raise awareness of the organization’s work, goals, and financial needs.
Minimum of two years experience with grant writing.
Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
Nonprofit experience and/or graduate of marketing/communications certification program;
Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a small dynamic team;
Excellent writing, verbal communications skills;
Ability to collaborate and communicate professionally, keep deadlines and achieve results in a small home office environment;
Monday through Friday 9am to 4pm (HOME OFFICE in Manhattan Beach)
Please only respond if you have strong grant writing experience and experience with raising funds for a nonprofit organization. Thank you.
Read more here:: Idealist