Closing date: 30 Nov 2016
Scope of Position: The Development Director leads the development, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of all development initiatives, including institutional fundraising and individual donors, being responsible for the adequate documentation of program activities and results in order to support reporting to donors and Board of Directors, as well as for fundraising, advocacy, internal and external communications, and for the generation of knowledge and lessons learned. Travel up to 25% within Guatemala required.
- Develop, implement and evaluate all aspects of development strategy, including individual donor cultivation, annual revenue targets, and communications strategies.
- Promote marketing strategies that communicate in a creative and effective way the causes and work WINGS does.
- Manage the Development Department staff, providing effective leadership and support to the Development Coordinator, Communications Coordinator, and/or any volunteers.
- Manage all institutional fundraising efforts, including by developing and submitting proposals, reports, and other necessary information to institutional funders.
- Ensure proper management of donor database.
- Monitor and report activities and results of fundraising to Executive Director and Board.
- Stay up-to-date with trends and good practice in fundraising.
- Support creation of income generating activities.
- Develop and implement a communications strategy that includes the website, social networks, blog, documentary, e-blasts, newsletters, printed materials, annual reports, and other communications materials such as presentations and program summaries.
- Together with Executive Director and Program Director, lead the search for new funding opportunities.
- Degree in Public Health, Business Administration, International Development or related field.
- Fluency in English and Spanish required (spoken and written).
- At least 5 years of experience managing a development department in a leadership role at a non-profit.
- At least 3 years of experience in grant writing.
- Good presentation and writing skills, including experience with proposal and program/technical writing.
- At least 2 years of fundraising experience.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, partnering, and networking skills; able to manage conflict in a constructive manner.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of time in rural and remote areas of Guatemala.
- Minimum 2 year commitment.
- Personal values that align with WINGS mission, vision and values.
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: Negotiable – depending on experience
Benefits: Life insurance, 20 days paid vacation, 10 personal days, up to $1,300 allowance for visa/residency purposes (paid directly to the lawyer of our choosing).
How to apply:
Email cover letter, two relevant writing samples, and your resume in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Development Director – YOUR NAME” in the subject line.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb