Organization: CESVI – Cooperazione e Sviluppo Onlus
Closing date: 30 Nov 2016
Cesvi has been working in Haiti since 2009, implementing its projects in the field of emergency, children’s rights, food security and watershed management in the South, North and West departments.
Currently the Organization is working in two areas of Haiti: Port-au-Prince (PAP) and Les Cayes.
In PAP Cesvi project activities are focused on supporting the House of Smiles, a youth recreational centre Wharf Jérémie, a disadvantaged area of Cité Soleil.
The centre offers recreational activities and psychological counseling to children and adolescents. Thanks to the participation of other institutions and NGOs, the House of Smiles has become a reference point for the awareness of the entire community.
In February 2016, Cesvi started an ECHO-funded project to improve food security in the area of Les Cayes. The project intends to support farmers seriously affected by the severe drought that hit the island. Cesvi has been working with 2.300 households who present a high food insecurity index and a high rate of negative coping strategies.
The goal of the intervention is to link emergency interventions to resilience building, with the ultimate objective of improving food security conditions of vulnerable households affected by drought.
In the recent emergency situation due to Cyclone Matthew Cesvi will respond in support of the population of the South of Haiti with a wide response: food and no-food distribution, shelter, hygiene.
The collaboration will start asap.
Duty station: main office in Les Cayes with visits in the field and periodic travels to PAP.
The incumbent will respond primarily to the Head of Mission and the Project Managers. S/he will work in close collaboration with the local administrator, the local partners and the Project Accountant in Bergamo-HQ.
The Country Administrator is responsible to manage all aspects of the finance function of Cesvi country programs in Haiti, in close coordination with the staff, and to support the office in purchase and procedures.
· accountancy of projects and preparation of all donor financial reports;
· ensure adequate controls over cash & bank management;
· undertake regular field visits in order to assess the financial systems in place;
· manage the finance department activities and schedule to meet the financial reporting requirements and deadlines specified by Cesvi HQs and donors;
· closely monitor all financial activities and inform the staff concerned;
· support the preparation of financial plans, forecasts, budget analysis in close collaboration with the PM;
· support and supervise the logistic office in procurements and purchase procedures;
· be responsible for the management of the national staff of the finance, admin, HR and logistics department;
· participation in the review, monitoring and capacity building of local staff;
· assist the Head of Mission and PMs in the preparation of donor budgets, to ensure compliance with donor regulations and to ensure their incorporation into the country annual operating budget & revisions;
· be responsible of the correct store of documents and project’s goods;
· attend meetings with UN Agencies representatives, EU representatives, local and international NGOs officers, private sector and civil society representatives, whenever required;
· support in the elaboration of project proposals, for the budgetary aspect.
-Degree in Economics, Political Science or related fields.
-Minimum 3 years’ working experience in a finance/accounting role overseas in the NGO sector.
-Strong budgeting and financial management skills.
-Accountancy skills and ability to prepare financial reports.
-Good knowledge of main donors’ administrative rules and procurement procedures (ECHO, UE, PAM, WFP, OFDA, etc..).
-Knowledge and experience in purchases and procedures (i.e. cash and goods distribution).
-Experience in managing funds for emergency / post-emergency projects
-Ability to support, manage and develop national staff.-Effective team member.
-Good organizational and time management skills.
-Ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
-Cross cultural awareness, sensitivity, and patience.
-Very flexible and with a positive attitude.
-Willing to travel frequently in-country.
-Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office Programs as well as accounting packages & other database competencies.
-Excellent knowledge of French written and spoken.
-Good Knowledge of English.
-Previous experience in Haiti.
-Experience in harsh working environments.
-Post graduate qualifications in management or related fields.
-Skills in developing, delivering and evaluating training for staff members.
-Understanding of development issues and the organizational goals.
-Good knowledge of Italian.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
How to apply:
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT: http://www.cesvi.org/48_2016-adm-haiti
Read more here:: ReliefWeb