Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Closing date: 15 Nov 2016
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position:
As focal point of administrative services in Jordan Country office, the incumbent is accountable for delivery of efficient and cost effective administrative support services mainly related to protocol, providing guidance for operations of administrative support services and management of administrative staff. Ensures the office’s administrative operations and services are in compliance with the organization’s administrative policy, procedures, rules and regulations.
Key Expected Results:
Post requires interpretation and application of guidelines. Deviation from existing guidelines might harm performance and deviate from objectives, however the incumbent is expected to make recommendations when such deviation is necessary, to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in administrative support services.
The provision of efficient administrative services in protocol unit will contribute to seamless on-boarding of new staff and timely availing of staff privileges and will enhance staff productivity.
Key Accountabilities, Duties and Tasks,
- Management of Protocol related functions including liaison with concerned Ministries and embassies ensuring formalities for settling down of IPOs in Jordan are fully met. Responsible for preparation of Duty Exemption Certificates for personal and household effects of arriving and departing IPOs and arranging clearance through Ministry of External Affairs, close co-ordination with the staff member and the clearing agent ensuring handing over of respective completed documents for timely clearance.
- Management of official travel – local and international – through coordination and negotiations with travel agency and airlines, liaison with embassies and Ministries, management of Shipments, Travel Authorizations and other related documentation ensuring conformance to staff entitlements.
- Manage customs exemptions for programme supplies including liaison with concerned authorities for supplies requiring pre-requisite approvals (telecommunications, medicines, drugs & medical equipment, security equipment, etc).
- Responsible for the arranging appropriate assistance relating to airport reception and departure to UNICEF Official visitors (UNICEF senior staff, Good will Ambassadors, Celebrities and other Special guests), events management and administrative support to meetings, conferences and official receptions.
- Responsible for negotiating privileges with Government Ministries, Departments, local bodies and other authorities in line with the Basic Corporation Agreement.
- Responsible for facilitating short term visa for incoming visitors, interns, consultants, conference delegates and other short-term visitors.
- Performing staff development functions, including training, supportive supervision and other related measures for effective utilization of all admin.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate:
Education: University degree in social sciences, business management, administration, finance or any other relevant field of discipline.
Experience: Two years of relevant professional work experience with both national and/or International work experience in office management, administration, or any other relevant function. Work experience specifically in administrative protocol with the public service will be an added advantage.
Language Requirement: Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
Competencies of Successful Candidate:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication [I]
- Working with People [I]
- Drive for Results [II]
- Analyzing [I]
- Applying Technical Expertise [II]
- Following Instructions and Procedures [II]
- Planning and Organizing [II]
- Specific Technical Knowledge Required (for the job)
Administrative service management functions related to Government Protocols, immunities and privileges.
- Common Technical Knowledge Required (for the job group)
Principles of office management, operations management, programme management and administration.
Administrative service management’s goals, visions, positions, policies, and strategies
To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb