Posted by: Gay Men’s Health Crisis
New York, NY, US
The Junior Contracts Accountant is primarily responsible for the financial management of a portfolio of government grants, including Ryan White funds, and legislative grants. Duties include preparation of monthly vouchers and supporting documentation required by funders. In addition, the Junior Contracts Accountant will be responsible for funding applications, contract renewals, and monitoring contract specific financial reporting requirements; perform monthly, quarterly and annual billing and other financial reports related to government and private grants.This position will also analyze monthly grant spending; and complete close-out packages for all contracts.
The following duties are mandatory requirements of the job:
- Prepare all budget-related materials and supporting documents required for submission to funders including continued funding applications, contract renewals, and budget modifications
- Record and track revenue for each funding source including monitoring and adjusting accruals, posting checks and electronic transfers, recording contract vouchers and maintain payment schedules
- Prepare budget to actual variance reports and financial analysis and present monthly to appropriate programmatic and administrative staff.
- Prepare necessary financial reports related to portfolio of public and private grants and contracts.
The following duties are to be performed as assigned by the supervisor:
- Assist with special projects and performs other related duties as assigned by the Managing Director of Contracts & Budgets and Chief Financial Officer.
- Assist with government auditors during fiscal reviews, internal audits, as well as with the annual GMHC.
Education and Certification
Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Special Skills and Knowledge
In addition to the above-listed job responsibilities and educational requirements, the ideal candidate for this position possesses most or all of the following:
- Knowledge of government grants management preferable.
- Experience with MIP/Sage accounting system,
- Experience with Adaptive Insights Budgeting solution
- Advance Excel skills including use of pivot tables and functions
Read more here:: Idealist