Organization: Action Africa Help – International
Closing date: 11 Nov 2016
Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is an international not-for-profit humanitarian and development agency with headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, and Country Programmes in South Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, and Zambia. AAH-I has a long experience in delivering humanitarian assistance in South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia and Somalia.
Action Africa Help International has received SPARK-DFID grant for Support and Protection and Assistant of Refugees in Kenya (SPARK) Project to enhance self -reliance and sustainable livelihoods for refugees in Kakuma, Turkana County.
AAH-I is seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
AGRICULTURE EXTENSION OFFICER
Reporting to the Project manager the Agricultural Extension Officer will be responsible for building the capacity of the livelihood project staff by providing agricultural extension technical support. S/He will ensure that agricultural extension services are effectively and efficiently provided during SPARK project implementation.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Agricultural, Agriculture Economics, Agro-Enterprise, Rural Development or a closely related field.
- Minimum five (5) years’ work experience three (3) of which must be in a similar role.
- Possess proven practical knowledge of the program development cycle, design and management.
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in multicultural, team-oriented environment.
- Able to manage relationships to achieve results**.**
How to apply:
Kenyan nationals and candidates currently based in Kakuma are encouraged to apply. Please visit our website at www.actionafricahelp.org to see the full job description. Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off their applications to Action Africa Help Kenya, Kakuma NCCK compound. The Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for. Deadline for applications is 11TH November 2016. AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer. Only those selected for the interviews will be contacted. AAH-I does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb