Organization: Aga Khan Foundation
Closing date: 18 Nov 2016
INTITIAL DURATION: 15 Months (with a possibility of extension)
POST TYPE: National
The Finance and Grants Officer (FGO) will participate in proposal development, donor and other financial reporting, financial grants information management and grants management capacity-building efforts. The FGO will also support to ensuring information shared is compliant with donors and internal grants rules and regulations.
SCOPE OF ROLE:**
Reports to: Project Director, with a technical reporting line to the Regional Finance Manager.
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a private, non-denominational, international development agency promoting creative and effective solutions to selected problems that impede social and economic development in parts of Africa and Asia. In Kenya, AKF is managing a robust and expanding portfolio of multi-sectorial initiatives that includes programmes in livelihoods, education, early childhood development, health, nutrition and civil society strengthening
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Reporting and Compliance
- Post SESEA partner reports into the system
- Prepare grant financial reports, ensuring that they are submitted on time, are accurate and consistent with the narrative report.
- Reconciliation of sub-grantees and AKF expenses in the reports to ledgers and accounting records
- Maintain a record of and follow up donor reporting and audit deadlines and requirements
- In drafting of financial grant reports ensure integration of information and recommendations from minutes of donor meetings, evaluation reports, audits
- Play a supporting role in Grant Launch and Close-Out meetings, as well as in general grant management meetings
- Periodically monitor grants budget absorption to ensure accurate tracking of implementation, progress and timely alerts to potential challenges/obstacles.
- Ensure that all the supporting documentation required is in order before the consolidated reports are sent out.
- Ensure compliance with to the donor contractual requirements
- Act as a liaison with the various implementing partners
Costed Workplan Development
- Support in the development and review of quality annual workplan. Lead on the coordination of inputs from the team and compile proposals into donor formats, including follow up on implementation of working tools.
- Liaise with thematic leads and finance department to ensure annual workplans meet internal standards and are donor compliant.
- Ensure that all costs in the workplan have been costed and included in the annual budget
- In development workplan, ensure integration of information and recommendations delivered by the previous programs including from minutes of donor meetings, evaluation reports, audits
Audits and Reviews
- Visit implementing units/ partners for internal reviews/checks.
- Coordinate all internal/external grant review/audit processes
- Ensure comprehensive grant files are maintained up to date and are available for use (both hard and soft copies)
- Tracking of the funding disbursements from donors and to projects
- Capacity Building (Training and Support) & Liaison
- Conduct mentoring and coaching and offer support to finance staff in the various agencies/ partner organisations and within AKF(EA)
- The Finance & Grants Officer will be the liaison person with AKFC finance team regarding the SESEA finance issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance from a recognized University.
- Professional qualification of CPA part 2
- Minimum 4 years’ relevant experience in a similar role.
- Experience working with NGOs and donor-funded projects
- Experience in working with computerised financial management system
- Experience in working in a consortium and with implementing partners
- Proven ability to gather, analyse and translate data, compile information, and meet strict reporting deadlines
- Demonstrates a strong drive and commitment to achieve agreed objectives
- Good communication, excellent interpersonal & coordination skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality and uphold integrity.
How to apply:
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, CV and the names and contact information of three professional referees by 18th November, 2016 via e-mail to. firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org).
Read more here:: ReliefWeb