Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 02 Dec 2016
Regional Communications Specialist, Program Support for
USAID/Kenya East Africa, Kenya
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project Summary: T**he project objectives are geared to support and strengthen the current USAID/Kenya East Africa strategy in meeting day to day information needs in order to make informed program management decisions, as well as to provide substantive support with qualitative, quantitative, and analytical information to assist in continually assessing and evaluating the Mission’s development hypothesis. It also assists the Mission with its public education goals by providing qualitative and anecdotal evidence on the effects of projects on the lives of individual beneficiaries.
Please note that this is a local position. Only local citizens are eligible to apply **
Position Summary: The Communications Specialist will support USAID/Kenya and East Africa’s Development Outreach and Communications (DOC) Services task order. The Communications Specialist will provide support to the development of communications products and publications focused upon USAIDs development strategy.
Responsibilities: Social Media and Media Monitoring:
- Supply input into the production of social media toolkits
- Develop quarterly plans for social media posts including justification based on current events
- Provide daily media monitoring reports and advise on media houses and journalist content
Prepare for and cover events as requested
- Prepare website stories,
- Engage in media calls and prepare press kits,
- Take, edit and post photos
- Update media contact lists
- Prepare event specific media monitoring reports
Gathering content from the field
- Gather stories from IPs through making field visits at the discretion of the COR
- Produce three Flickr stories from field visits
- Provide story lines and transforming lives stories that reflect USAIDs reach
- Prepare success stories for use in other publications including e Newsletters and Quarterly brochures
- Using experience participate and develop materials for strategy review sessions
- Assist in developing an agenda and a presentation that:
- Reviews and assesses MSI communications work in the previous quarter using indicators established by the overall communications strategy;
- Highlight successes, challenges and recommendations;
- Synthesizes journalist participation and press coverage; and
- Pitches potential stories or identifies gaps in content based on field work and research.
Oversight, coordination and editing
- Ensure all written materials adhere to relevant style guidelines before submission
- Coordinate coverage of events and manage work planning with other communications specialists
- Support coordination of quarterly meetings with IP communication staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or a relevant related field of study. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of related public relations, public outreach or Communications for Development experience.
- Demonstrated experience producing and editing written products such as social media messages, news/blog articles, reports, fact sheets, speeches, success stories, and press releases.
- English language skills at the S/5 and R/5 level to perform communications technical services.
- Ability to travel as needed throughout Kenya and East Africa
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- USAID experience is a plus.
- Ability to work well in a team.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/p2vqd4s24q
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb