Organization: Palladium International
Closing date: 23 Nov 2016
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status. Palladium seeks a Director of Finance and Administration for the USAID-funded Livelihoods and Inclusive Finance Expansion (LIFE) program in Lebanon. The goal of LIFE is to build capacity of microfinance institutions (MFIs) and the country’s microfinance association to improve the enabling environment for microfinance institutions and expand quality lending to a wider group of micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) throughout Lebanon, including rural areas. Palladium is looking for motivated and dynamic individuals with a strong track record in accounting, audit and compliance, procurement and administration.
- Provide a wide range of financial and administrative management and oversight for the project.
- Ensure compliance with Lebanese Government, client (USAID) and corporate (Palladium) policies, procedures and regulations.
- Manage project accounting, and liaise with the Washington DC HQ Operations teams to manage and troubleshoot project accounting, budget, and financial issues as they arise.
- Support project audits as required by Palladium, USAID and local government authorities.
- Oversee compliance aspects of project grants.
Budget, Accounting and Financial Management
Implement and oversee all project finance and accounting, including vendor invoices, cash requests, cost tracking and preparing the monthly accounting package for Palladium HQ.
Human Resource Management
Oversee and advise on the project’s compliance with local labor laws, company and client requirements.
Support the team and enforce company policies and procedures to recruit field staff and manage employees.
Ensure timely submission of timesheets, leave, and necessary approvals.
Track used and accrued leave days.
Manage employee salary/payroll administration and benefits according to Lebanese laws and statutory requirements.
Support local registration of company and employees with relevant local authorities.
Ensure work conditions are in conformity with regulatory requirements.
Assist COP and their delegate in implementing the performance appraisal and staff development processes.
- Operations and Office Management
- Prepare and update field office operations manual in consultation with HQ Operations Team and COP.
- Conduct procurement for services in compliance with government, client and corporate procurement policies and procedures, ensuring fair and open competition and proper documentation, and manage contracts and vendor agreements as required.
- Monitor staff travel including travel authorizations, advance requests, expense reports, and security.
- Manage office space including leases, utilities, and services.
- Oversee office inventory system and required insurance and maintenance.
- Oversee administrative personnel as directed.
Other tasks as deemed necessary by the COP or Home Office Project Director
Reporting The Director of Finance and Administration will report to the COP or their designate.
- MBA/Master degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting with 8 years of relevant experience, or Bachelor’s Degree with at least 10 years of experience in Finance, Accounting, or other relevant field.
- Accounting certification (CPA) preferred
- Prior experience managing projects for USAID required
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to motivate subordinates and manage budgets and client expectations
- Demonstrated effectiveness in communicating with clients and project stakeholders
- Strong analytical and computer skills.
- Ability to maintain and prepare financial records and reports
- Experience implementing grant programs in compliance with USAID regulations including recipient reporting, financial and vetting requirements.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and to juggle multiple priorities under tight deadlines
Superior verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic required
This is a local non-expat position; Lebanese nationals are encouraged to apply.
Application Instructions: Interested applicants should apply online or send a Cover Letter and CV to: ApplyLebanon@thepalladiumgroup.com
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=cy5saWFuZy4xOTIyOC4zODMwQHBhbGxhZGl1bS5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
Read more here:: ReliefWeb