Organization: IBI International
Closing date: 12 Dec 2016
The USAID Liberia Administration and Systems Strengthening (LASS) project is a 30-month, technical assistance program to improve performance through strengthening administrative ability in Liberia’s National Elections Commission (NEC). The main purpose of this program is to work with the NEC to develop key institutional systems, policies, and procedures in areas such as human resources, budgeting and financial management, asset management, strategic planning, and procurement.
This assignment requires the Human Resource and Management System Advisor to work with the USAID-LASS Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, to build on the gains of LASS previous Management System Advisor and current Human Resource Management Advisor to consolidate NEC organizational systems. This activity is key to USAID-LASS support to NEC, it will help ensure that the programs and systems supported by the project are institutionalized through the organization.
3. Specific Responsibilities:
· The Human Resource and Management System Advisor will work with the Program Manager addressing the activities:
· Ensure finalization, approval and roll out of NEC administrative manual, HR manual, performance management systems and institution wide policies and regulations;
· Ensure finalization and roll out of job-descriptions with Key Responsibility Areas (KRA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and pay grade system with NEC HR Unit;
· Oversee and continue to provide training to the HR unit on the use of LASS funded payroll and HR systems software;
· Work with the Program Manager to provide technical assistance to NEC Compliance and Risk Management Unit to perform based on the Unit revised TOR.
· Support the establishment of document control and management reporting system in NEC in close collaboration with the LASS ICT advisor and other donor partners.
· With the support of the Program Manager work directly with the leadership of NEC to ensure reliability, consistency and representativeness of Press Releases and communication.
· Training/coaching of NEC staff in HRM policies and developing their capabilities
· Other duties as they may arise.
4. Level of Effort and Period of Performance:
The estimated level of effort for this assignment is not to exceed 180 days (excluding travel days) without prior written consent of the IBI Home Office Project Manager.
5. Location: Monrovia, Liberia
Successful candidates will meet the following qualifications:
· The Management System Advisor will be an experienced management professional with experience in human resource management, administration, management and organizational development.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Public Administration or similar fields.
· At least eight (8) years of work experience in the development and implementation of modern human resource management in the public or private sector, along with the successful delivery of capacity building and performance improvement initiatives.
· Proficiency in related IT desk-top solutions and applications
· Previous experience working in Liberia preferably.
· Excellent command of written and spoken English.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should kindly send CVs including cover letter to IBI International at LASS-HR@ibi-liberia.com by close of business on December 12, 2016. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. IBI International provides equal employment opportunities for all and so women are encouraged to apply.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb