Posted by: American Academy of Physician Assistants
Alexandria, VA, US
The American Academy of PAs (AAPA) is seeking a Senior Manager, Product Development & Management to work across our organization to help support a dynamic portfolio of career and practice products. You will start by building a new digital Career Center, which will be populated by timely and relevant content, job and placement services, and career development and management resources for both PA job candidates and employers. Once launched, in addition to managing the Career Center, you will share your product lifecycle expertise with colleagues by providing consultative assistance for other development efforts within the Academy. This role offers an entrepreneurial candidate the unique opportunity to have a strategic role in advancing products to help support one of the fastest growing health care professions.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of stakeholder and client needs, and expertise managing the user experience, growing digital engagement, and meeting revenue goals. You will collaborate with the web team, IT, marketing, communications, as well as content owners, authors and business partners to ensure effective product management and continuous improvement. The Senior Manager, Product Development & Management will be responsible for identifying and pursuing new opportunities that enhance the value of your flagship product, the Career Center, and help drive the overall Academy product strategy.
- Direct, manage and supervise the operations of the Career Center site, including content and resources, advertising, design and third-party business relationships.
- Gain a deep understanding of the Career Center customer and user experience, identify and fill gaps, and generate new ideas that grow client engagement, improve user experience and drive product extensions and growth, while staying rooted in AAPA’s strategic priorities.
- Conduct ongoing benchmarking of other career centers for continuous improvement and product innovation.
- Act as the primary point of contact and subject matter expert within the Academy on Career Center content and resources.
- Manage the budget for the Career Center and prepare revenue forecasts and progress reports.
AAPA PRODUCT STRATEGY
- Determine and analyze the PA market and competitive environment, and consistent with the AAPA strategic plan, propose overall product strategies to enhance AAPA’s competitive advantage.
- Research, identify and propose innovative and creative product solutions, including extensions, tie-ins, and bundling.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues on department product launches and integrations, including assisting with the establishment of goals, pricing and promotional tactics.
- Monitor and report on overall AAPA product performance indicators and metrics; propose and recommend adjustments.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MA or MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible product (or program) management experience, 3+ yrs. with a web or digital product required.
- A proven track record of developing, launching and managing products on both a strategic and tactical level, throughout the product lifecycle.
- Understanding of and familiarity with technologies underlying web or digital products.
- Knowledge of prevailing and emerging innovation in career development, talent management, career coaching, and related professional resources helpful.
- Strong understanding of market research and analysis.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to leverage products to help AAPA realize its strategic goals.
- Team player with strong collaborative skills and the ability to build consensus even when met with resistance.
- Outstanding organizational, project management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities and function at high-level of independence.
- Exceptional written and oral communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills and experience interacting with diverse personalities.
- Experience working in a non-profit or member-driven organization is a plus.
Read more here:: Idealist